Bringing soda onboard

aaalynn

We are thinking of carrying a couple 12 pack sodas on board. Does Carnival allow this, and how do we get a luggage tag for them? We will probably purchase them the morning of our cruise.

We are thinking of carrying a couple 12 pack sodas on board. Does Carnival allow this, and how do we get a luggage tag for them? We will probably purchase them the morning of our cruise.

From the Carnival website (bolding mine):

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

http://www.carnival.com/Core/FAQ.aspx?faq=beverage

We just stuck a 12 pack of soda in DH's backpack for bringing onboard.

On our last cruise, we brought 3 12 packs on with us (Pepsi, Sprite and Seagrams Ginger Ale IIRC) and honestly..it was too much. We don't drink much soda at home, but DH wanted it so we weren't drinking just coffee, tea, lemonade and water all the time (I am personally fine with drinking Arnold Palmers all freaking day long every day of the year:D) but we ended up drinking less cokes than we thought we would. We came on with 36..left with probably 20 or so since we didn't really drink them hardly at all.

What about ice in the coolers? Never thought about it, an dwe usually just throw some drinks in a back pack, but I now have a backpack cooler that also has wheels, I thought that would be easier to carry, didn't think about the ice??

We always carry on our 12 pack of sodas in a small rolling suitcase or rolling cart like you can purchase at Office Depot. If the drinks are inside a suitcase, we always tell TSA before sending them through the X-ray machine. Sometimes we have to unzip the suitcase and show them…..no big deal. We've never had a problem in 6 cruises.

I am a heavy soda drinker and my bf and I each bring a 12 pack; although he brings one just for me (he may have 4 or so) and I still have plenty left over at the end of the cruise. The lemonade on the ship is like crack and I would usually have water with dinner and if you only have one or two sea days, you're not really on the ship much to drink them. :)

Edited by erby2283