Copenhagen--Nyhavn to Tivoli walking distance?

We will be in Copenhagen for a day with my parents and our 3 1/2 y/o twins. We plan to catch Bus 26 to Nyhavn to get a canal cruise but from there would like to spend some time at Tivoli. Is the distance between Nyhavn and Tivoli walkable?

It's definitely walkable. I've done it on a cruise day stop. Looking at Google Maps, i would guess it's probably 1/2 mile or maybe less. There is a meandering pedestrian walkway that you can walk for much of the way called "Stroget". With the meanders, it might lengthen the trip some, but it's a nice journey.

It is definitely walkable. My sister and I did it a couple times last year during our pre-cruise stay in Copenhagen. Its level paved sidewalks so if everyone can walk the 1.3 miles, there should be no problem. There are stores on the Strøget, which may be a good distraction if your twins get tired of walking part of the way there (there are also places to get some refreshments too, since you will have toddlers :))