Maybe Fall Sales Tomorrow?

So according to the Carnival website, Upgrade Your Summer promotion ends tomorrow. What are the odds that a fall sale will be next? We're booked ES for Dream on October. Looking for some price drops! They've already extended the summer promotions at LEAST once...maybe more. Are the summer cruises really being so difficult to sell?

Anyone have any guesses or inside information?

Yep. We've been booked since I think late January or early February, and ours hasn't budged either. I'm hoping it's just going to take a fall promotion to push the prices down. Supposedly fall is slower seasons than summer. And I know - if the price doesn't drop, at least I got the best rate possible. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

We're on the Valor in November in a O/S, just wondering if Ocean suites usually drop in price?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have absolutely no idea, but I would assume that it would depend on how well that room category was selling. To give yourself an idea, do a mock booking, and see how many Ocean Suites are left. If there are still quite a few (keeping in mind that Carnival will never show more than 10 at a time), you have better odds of getting a drop.

Have you checked the rates for Fall? I have never seen them this low this early.

I am going to book in the next few weeks, Go look at all of them.

and the Dream is such a class act ship. I am still sad that Port Canaveral lost her. We never had a bad cruise on her. Enjoy.

And if you can visit the Steakhouse. The steak filet they serve is the best ever. And the Apple caramel tart they serve is the best way I have ever eaten apples in my entire life. And I like apples. have a bowlful on my breakfast counter right now.

Happy sails.

So according to the Carnival website, Upgrade Your Summer promotion ends tomorrow. What are the odds that a fall sale will be next? We're booked ES for Dream on October. Looking for some price drops! They've already extended the summer promotions at LEAST once...maybe more. Are the summer cruises really being so difficult to sell?

Anyone have any guesses or inside information?

Lots more competition. NCL has a ship in the Caribbean this year. Princess also has one. Usually they do not. Plane fares to Europe................they are so high that the cost of the flight puts it out of reach for most people.

Plus the economy is bad. On a Non Partisan basis people are worried about the future of the USA and I guess the World.

Yep. We've been booked since I think late January or early February, and ours hasn't budged either. I'm hoping it's just going to take a fall promotion to push the prices down. Supposedly fall is slower seasons than summer. And I know - if the price doesn't drop, at least I got the best rate possible. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

We have been booked since early Feb.(Sunshine..Jan..).No rate changes..however taxes have gone up $48...

I started a thread on this a few weeks ago about this when the Summer offer was originally supposed to end, hoping that Fall discounts will start soon. Someone on that thread stated yesterday that their PVP said fall discounts would most likely not be out until around July! :eek: We sail on the Pride in November & I am hoping for a sale sooner than summer!

I started a thread on this a few weeks ago about this when the Summer offer was originally supposed to end, hoping that Fall discounts will start soon. Someone on that thread stated yesterday that their PVP said fall discounts would most likely not be out until around July! :eek: We sail on the Pride in November & I am hoping for a sale sooner than summer!

To me, it would make sense to put cruises on sale after their final payment date and only have to deal with OBC for those that booked ES.