Kids coupon book question

• 6 months later...

Don't know if they've changed, but we found the accuracy of what was on the cards was sporadic at best. Had to go to guest services for my son to be credited his extra arcade credits. The BOGO milkshake at Jonny Rockets was on my card, but the BOGO ice creams at B&Js that were supposed to be on my kids were not, so two more trips to GS, where they confirmed the coupons were there on each of their cards. The crew member at B&Js swore they were not - even the second time on the other kid's card. 10% off youth spa was on my daughters card as expected. But the internet credit that was supposed to be on mine was not. I ended up carrying the list around and made friends with one of the guys at GS because I saw him so much. I almost felt silly having to go for 10% here, and $5 there, but they add up and it was like they were trying to wear me down! Grateful for the discounts, but ugh.

So the moral of the story is - be prepared for glitches and carry the lists. I'd rather have had a coupon book but I guess that doesn't save a wave.....

Ohh just realized it is a perk for C&A!

I was asking for someone else, our GD did get the coupons on her second cruise in August (we signed her up for the C&A after first cruise)

But, to anyone asking about gifts in the room, she did not get one, she did get a lanyard when we registered her in the kids club though.

Have a great day!

Donna

I have found on several cruises I have not received gift for DD and had to go to LA to ask for and get. For her age it is normally a bag. I know we have loads of them but they are good for packing all the extra stuff we bought:D

Don't know if they've changed, but we found the accuracy of what was on the cards was sporadic at best. Had to go to guest services for my son to be credited his extra arcade credits. The BOGO milkshake at Jonny Rockets was on my card, but the BOGO ice creams at B&Js that were supposed to be on my kids were not, so two more trips to GS, where they confirmed the coupons were there on each of their cards. The crew member at B&Js swore they were not - even the second time on the other kid's card. 10% off youth spa was on my daughters card as expected. But the internet credit that was supposed to be on mine was not. I ended up carrying the list around and made friends with one of the guys at GS because I saw him so much. I almost felt silly having to go for 10% here, and $5 there, but they add up and it was like they were trying to wear me down! Grateful for the discounts, but ugh.

So the moral of the story is - be prepared for glitches and carry the lists. I'd rather have had a coupon book but I guess that doesn't save a wave.....

We always have to spend time at GS for acade credit without fail. One coupon is for an amount that isn't an option to load:rolleyes:

I guess that's why the system doesn't kick it in.

FWIW you can get a list printed at any bar of the coupons on a card. That's how we normally check what we have left to use.

Your kids got a gift his March??? Our did not get one on any of three cruises last year, or the one the fall of 2012 (much less this year)--we were told by the LA on the fall 2012 that kids would not be getting them any more. :confused:

Maybe it is only in Europe where they no longer get a gift. They always like the little tote and messenger bags.

Our granddaughter got a gift on The Quantum in November.

Both my boys got the drawstring bags as gifts this past April on the Grandeur. When I asked Guest Services about coupons loaded on their card they had no idea. They did use the arcade (with a $10 spending limit) but never noticed any free arcade credits on their cards. They may have been there, but did not investigate further.

How are you suppose to know what is loaded on your card.

Is there a place to read what has been loaded.

:confused:

There should be a letter in your stateroom with a list of coupons on your card.

Also, you can go to any bar and ask for a printout of your remaining coupons.