Aug cruise

Jalady

Have no idea what rum runners are, but surely, buying Allegrissimo makes more sense?

They are used in the US to smuggle drink into places where it is not permitted. I agree though Allegrissimo is a much better idea, no subterfuge required, no extra weight of the booze in luggage and no risk of leaks in luggage.

They are used in the US to smuggle drink into places where it is not permitted. I agree though Allegrissimo is a much better idea, no subterfuge required, no extra weight of the booze in luggage and no risk of leaks in luggage.

And a far better selection of freshly mixed drinks!

• 4 months later...

Just back from the Divina yesterday...we used rum runners with no problem. We took various juices to mix from the breakfast buffet back up to the cabin and stored in the mini fridge after having the steward empty and remove the mini-bar contents. That being said, at the first port, we bought some duty free rum onshore and as an experiment I just carried the bag in my hand with the towel and nothing was said. We kept it in our cabin in plain sight and no mention was made of it.

I heard of others having done this at Falmouth and I just wanted to see for myself. Also, contrary to the MSC website, there is no problem openly carrying water or soda onboard at embarkation.

Just back from the Divina yesterday...we used rum runners with no problem. We took various juices to mix from the breakfast buffet back up to the cabin and stored in the mini fridge after having the steward empty and remove the mini-bar contents. That being said, at the first port, we bought some duty free rum onshore and as an experiment I just carried the bag in my hand with the towel and nothing was said. We kept it in our cabin in plain sight and no mention was made of it.

I heard of others having done this at Falmouth and I just wanted to see for myself.

Sorry to hear that. :(

First post and it's about rum runners?! Welcome to Cruise Critic and please don't judge the rest of CC by the flaming you may receive from your post. There are actually some nice, nonjudgmental people here who will answer your questions without climbing on their pedestals.

First...RRs get used all the time on many ships and many lines successfully. You can even check on Youtube to see how to properly use them (note: follow the instructions from RR and you should be just fine).

Second..."Never let someone who doesn't have the power to tell you "yes" tell you "no". :D

Have a great cruise!

Trish

Edited by TipsyT
grammar correction

First post and it's about rum runners?! Welcome to Cruise Critic and please don't judge the rest of CC by the flaming you may receive from your post. There are actually some nice, nonjudgmental people here who will answer your questions without climbing on their pedestals.

First...RRs get used all the time on many ships and many lines successfully. You can even check on Youtube to see how to properly use them (note: follow the instructions from RR and you should be just fine).

Second..."Never let someone who doesn't have the power to tell you "yes" tell you "no". :D

Have a great cruise!

Trish

This is like saying "I steal small stuff from Walmart all the time, and it's fine." It isn't fine. And it has nothing to do with "power to tell you yes or no."

This is like saying "I steal small stuff from Walmart all the time, and it's fine." It isn't fine. And it has nothing to do with "power to tell you yes or no."

Completely agree. The more people "steal" like this the more the remainder of us who don't will end up paying either through increased bar proces or cruise fares. cruise lines have to make money some how.

Edited by AmoMondo