Advice on room for Vision Class

Would like advice on which JS is the best on the Vision of the Seas. I already know that the aft facing balconies are the best, but they are taken. I have opted for JS#8086 because it looks as though there is nothing above it to make noise. I know this room has an obstructed view, but am mainly concerned with overhead noise since I am a light sleeper. Will sail Jan. 2016, so if I know which rooms are the best with reference to overhead noise, I will keep checking in hopes of snagging a really quiet room between now and Jan. 2016. Would love to be near the middle elevator if any of those are considered quiet. Appreciate any info on this issue.

Thanks,

Karon

Did you call to double check that there were no aft facing cabins available. I know when I booked our 2015 cruise, the web site showed that none were available, but when I called I was able to secure 7652. Good Luck

Sha88

Edited by sha88
made a mistake

You do not have to go that far aft just to avoid noise. The carts also seem to move more on the Starboard side (85--) as there is an entrance to some sort of major storage right outside the entrance the spa located there. Traffic on the Port side seems to be mainly crew coming up from around the Park Café to access that deck.

It would seem that all cabins aft of 8578/8078 should not experience much noise. Be sure to check regularly and to do an actual cabin by cabin search sometimes, as RCI only shows 15 cabin inventory on each search.