NCL Epic Haven

HAVENBOUND

Good afternoon all! We have just booked a Rome Cruisetour on NCL and booked a Suite in the Haven. I'm looking for information on what to expect with the butlers and concierge. We are newbies to this level of service. Any help is greatly appreciated!:)

Good afternoon all! We have just booked a Rome Cruisetour on NCL and booked a Suite in the Haven. I'm looking for information on what to expect with the butlers and concierge. We are newbies to this level of service. Any help is greatly appreciated!:)

I would love to hear too. We are also booked on the Epic in a 2 bedroom suite and we booked the cruise tour also. When are you sailing?

We just returned from our 1st suite experience, a PH on the Pearl and the butler brought us snacks every afternoon. We never requested anything as we were unsure on what we could request.

The only time we used the concierge was when we arrived in Key West because we had to show passports and the concierge met us in the library and took us down to the theater. We were able to bypass the long lines and that was great.

We were able to have breakfast and lunch in Cagneys, on the Epic it will be in the Haven dining room. It is nice to not have to fight the crowds at the buffet.

They also have suite boarding at embarkation - you will get to bypass those lines too, after clearing security.

The butler will take care of needs inside your room, and the concierge for things outside the room. There are some great threads on here discussing what butlers have done for folks. Some include:

unpacking

bringing snacks

bringing room service

setting up events in the room

instructing on coffee maker use

bringing DVDs

pick up booze purchases the last day

The concierge will generally help with dinner and show needs around the ship. I think they can also help with shore excursions

You will also have a room steward. The steward is included in the DSC pool, but the concierge and butler need to be tipped separately (there are threads on this too)

Edited by sdmike

We are not cruising till Nov 8 2015. Rome Cruisetour. We are very excited about our cruise and our cabin 16001. Thanks for the feedback, I'm hoping to learn a lot about the butlers and their services before we depart so that we are not wasting a week figuring things out! Cheers!!!

We are in 16001 also but in May of 2015!!

What hotel did they put you in? My original plans were DIY but then I started figuring out the costs of hotel, transportation etc...plus the fact that we have never been to Europe (I am a bit of a chicken) I just thought it would be less stressful for us to do the cruise tour.:o