Pack And Go Cruises

ragethjj23

So we are booked on our first cruise in September of 2015 and don't think we can last that long to go! So, we were thinking that next year between Feb and June we would try a pack and go cruise. How do you plan one? Do you simply say hey im going to cruise next week and go or do you plan for it ahead of time and just book when it gets close enough?

Hubby and I couldn't decide last November what we wanted to do for our 15th anniversary (cruise or ski?) so we didn't do either :( Was poking around the Carnival site a week ago and just happened to mention to the dh that there were some SERIOUSLY low cruise rates, too bad we couldn't take advantage of the prices. Well, he surprised me by saying that he wanted to sail if the prices were that low! :eek: Of course, the one thing you have to watch out for is airfare. Trying to book two or three weeks ahead isn't cheap!! We scraped together Southwest points to make this happen. Just keep that in mind (unless you can drive to a port).

I just keep checking the website for prices, and when one is the right price to the right place and my schedule permits, I grab it. Simple as that. I do wish I lived in Florida at these times. :D

Probably a good thing I DON'T live in Florida or I would be off crusing all the time!:p

Probably a good thing I DON'T live in Florida or I would be off crusing all the time!:p

Believe me, it's extremely difficult when your a check the websites for cruises addict...yep that's me and we live in Florida! If it wasn't for my husbands job where he has to plan his vacation time the year prior :eek: I would constantly be wanting to go especially on some of the deals I see. Oh well, maybe someday.

I tend to book cruises last minutes, a few weeks ago I booked the Liberty 10 days out. We had airline points, airfare was not a issue. I was just fortunate we had points otherwise we could not have done a last minute cruise.

Was thinking of doing a cruise pack and go out of a port that has multiple options at a time (galvaston, port Canaveral etc) and just booking airfare in advance in hopes we could get good cruise rates...