Late flight What to do in Boston

landerslp

Our cruise arrives in Boston on a Saturday, with a 5:15 flight. Cruise line tour and transfer is too expensive and gets us to airport too soon. What can we do with luggage so we can tour ourselves? Is there any storage at port? Are there private tours available at cruise port that would take luggage?

Look at the Rowes Wharf Water taxi. If you buy a ticket to go to Logan Airport for $10/pp, you can store your luggage for free in their office at Rowes Wharf for the day. Taxi from Black Falcon to Rowes Wharf should be under $15 including tip. When you get to Logan, there is a free bus shuttle that will drop you off at your terminal.

From Rowes Wharf you can easily walk along the waterfront to Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market or the North End.

Look at the Rowes Wharf Water taxi. If you buy a ticket to go to Logan Airport for $10/pp, you can store your luggage for free in their office at Rowes Wharf for the day. Taxi from Black Falcon to Rowes Wharf should be under $15 including tip. When you get to Logan, there is a free bus shuttle that will drop you off at your terminal.

From Rowes Wharf you can easily walk along the waterfront to Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market or the North End.

Thanks Carol for this great information.

Yes - they offer an all day pass for $25/pp. It's a good deal if you are going to use the water taxi to go more places on the harbor like the Constitution, but for two people I think it's cheaper to take a taxi to Rowes Wharf and just pay the $10/pp for the water taxi to Logan.

I did look at the website as well and couldn't tell that it was an all day pass for sure. It does say it will pick you up at the cruise port, and mentions free luggage storage and trip to Logan. If that is all, a cab to the wharf and the one way ticket to the airport would be cheaper. Unless they have a charge for luggage.not clear from website. Says there is storage for their customers. I will give them a call before we leave.

As far as I am aware the luggage storage is complimentary if you purchase a water taxi trip of some sort. I think calling them is best to discuss the possibilities.

Luggage storage is scarce in Boston. If you have an Amtrak ticket, there is some storage available to you at South Station. There is also paid luggage storage on the 5th South floor of the bus station, which is a block from South Station.

We will want to do the same sort of thing. Arrive back in Boston early next Friday morning, and flight doesn't leave until 6:00 PM. Sounds like we can just catch a taxi at Black Falcon to Rhowes Wharf Water Transport, store our luggage there while exploring the city on foot, then catch the water taxi over to Logan. Hopefully there will be enough within walking distance to keep us entertained until 3:30 or so. :)