How early can you board in New Orleans

cruisegal96

We boarded at about 11. We had to wait for the Wedding parties to board first. We are platinum:D; so those of us that had already checked it went next. All others where then allowed to board. Hope that helps!

Happy sailing!:)

The earliest we were onboard was 10:50. For some reason the ship had a zero count by 10:15 AM, B2Bers were off and back on the ship in record time. By the time we walked up the gangplank and down the hall to our cabin, our stateroom was ready and our luggage was by our door before 11 AM since we had purchased FTTF.

But I can't wait until I'm Diamond on Carnival so I can get on-board with one of the first groups.

The earliest we were onboard was 10:50. For some reason the ship had a zero count by 10:15 AM, B2Bers were off and back on the ship in record time. By the time we walked up the gangplank and down the hall to our cabin, our stateroom was ready and our luggage was by our door before 11 AM since we had purchased FTTF.

But I can't wait until I'm Diamond on Carnival so I can get on-board with one of the first groups.

How much time is really saved by being Diamond vs FTTF?

I have sailed out of New Orleans many, many times and they usually begin boarding within just a few minutes after 11:00. I distinctly remember seeing the clock by the Lido pool reading 11:12 on one trip when on my way to the buffet.

I always show up at the pier at around 10:00 and have always been on before 11:30.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck!

Edited by Wheels87

How much time is really saved by being Diamond vs FTTF?

About 5 minutes....thye called Platinum, then the FTTF, then handicapped, then everyone else. However when we sailed out of NOLA with FTTF on our last cruise, our cabin wasn't ready, and our luggage showed up after muster. Since that is the reason we purchased FTTF, we filed a complaint that what was promised wasn't delivered, and they credited our account back the 50.00. Desk services did tell us that they do not guaranty your luggage being there when you board just that the cabin would be ready, (which is not what the employees at the dock told us).

Basically, with FTTF, you follow the platinum folks up the ramp to the ship, so you are really boarding at the same time.

We always choose to skip breakfast on the morning of departure...that way we will be hungry enough to eat as soon as we board before the crowds show up. The ships always feel pretty empty until about 12:15 and then it starts getting crowded at the dining venues.