Yet another drink package question....

Larainerenee

My husband and I are not big drinkers, but do enjoy a cocktail or class of wine with dinner. If we don't buy a drinks package before sailing, how much are drinks (beer, wine, basic cocktails) and soft drinks if bought on board ala carte?

What coffee drinks are included without a package?

This is highly variable. You could get a glass of wine for $7 or a glass for $20 depending on what you like. Cocktails are $8-$12 maybe, and beer $5 and up. Although with all of the new changes this could change by the time you are on board.

The only coffee included is the coffee available at the buffet or breakfast room service coffee. It's pretty terrible, but some don't mind it.

My husband and I are not big drinkers, but do enjoy a cocktail or class of wine with dinner. If we don't buy a drinks package before sailing, how much are drinks (beer, wine, basic cocktails) and soft drinks if bought on board ala carte?

We just got off the Summit and cocktails ranged from $8 to $12 (Lg. Martini's). Some premium brands were $9-$12 each. Wine was a much broader range also starting at $8/glass for a basic red or white, with most premium wines running $11+, some running much more. :eek:

Beer prices started around $5-$6, with premium beers running around $8.

Soft drinks were around $2.75 I believe, (can or gun) but not sure as we had a bev pkg and did not have to pay for them.

FYI - ALL bar purchases are also hit with a 15% gratuity, non-negotiable, unless you want to ADD more. :)

No coffee drinks without a drink pkg, except plain coffee following a meal in the MDR or Buffet. One exception, if you're staying in a suite, premium coffee drinks are complimentary once a day, brought to you by your butler, ofcourse. :cool:

Edited by J&B in GA

One exception, if you're staying in a suite, premium coffee drinks are complimentary once a day, brought to you by your butler, of course. :cool:

I've never noted a limit on the number of free specialty coffees when staying in a suite.

They do offer coffee/tea service in afternoon with the tea sandwich cart, and I have had up to 3 Americano's delivered to my cabin throughout the day on request. I don't care for the brewed coffee, so enjoy a good strong Americano instead, or 3, when getting my day going. :D

I've never noted a limit on the number of free specialty coffees when staying in a suite.

They do offer coffee/tea service in afternoon with the tea sandwich cart, and I have had up to 3 Americano's delivered to my cabin throughout the day on request. I don't care for the brewed coffee, so enjoy a good strong Americano instead, or 3, when getting my day going. :D

Probably wrong on that as we never ordered specialty coffee. Probably should have the one morning we had the butler deliver breakfast to our verandah. :rolleyes:

When you ordered a drink on the drink package did you get the drink for free and then have to pay a tip?

Kevin

Tips are included in the beverage package if you purchased it or chose it as the 1-2-3 Go perk promo.

Edited by boogs

When you ordered a drink on the drink package did you get the drink for free and then have to pay a tip?

Kevin

No, the package includes the tip. You're not even given a slip to tip extra, but I guess you could ask for one if you wanted to.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

...What coffee drinks are included without a package?

Your cruise fare includes coffee, tea and several other non-alcoholic beverages.

More info here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=28137836

Most who are even a little picky about their coffee do not like the mass brewed no extra charge coffee. The only other coffee available on board is the espresso brewed coffee available at an extra charge in the coffee bar. This includes all the typical espresso variation such as latte, cappuccino , and many more. The espresso based coffee sold at the coffee bar is pretty good as far as espresso based coffee goes. There is no better quality drip/filter brewed coffee available on the ship.

It sounds like what you really want is this...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1nb3qxL0s22XzhtZlNxRUdya0E/edit?usp=sharing

Cheers!

On another thread it was mentioned that Celebrity has raised their prices on alcoholic beverages. If this is true, that is a problem. DH and I have Classic Drink Packages for our November cruise on Reflection. We didn't want to pay the extra money to upgrade. Not to mention, significant numbers of other people have the Classic Package as part of the 123Go promotion. There were already very few alcoholic beverages included on the Classic Package. If the prices have been/are being raised on drinks, are there any drinks left that the Classic Package covers? Hope this is not true because that would be really unethical of X to do this right after they pushed the 123Go promotion so hard.

On another thread it was mentioned that Celebrity has raised their prices on alcoholic beverages. If this is true, that is a problem. DH and I have Classic Drink Packages for our November cruise on Reflection. We didn't want to pay the extra money to upgrade. Not to mention, significant numbers of other people have the Classic Package as part of the 123Go promotion. There were already very few alcoholic beverages included on the Classic Package. If the prices have been/are being raised on drinks, are there any drinks left that the Classic Package covers? Hope this is not true because that would be really unethical of X to do this right after they pushed the 123Go promotion so hard.

The Celebrity representative that posts on here posted this on Monday. I hope you'll agree it's much more than "very few".

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42812518#post42812518

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=313293&d=1400512502

For wines available within the package, look at the MDR list in this thread - anything $9 and under is included.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2042016

This list is different from what was published several months ago. I noticed that on this list there are some high-end liquors included in the Classic Package (Bombay Sapphire Gin, Makers Mark Bourbon, Crown Royal blend). These were not on the last Classic list I saw. Also, the list from several months ago included wines $8.00 and under; this list shows wines $9.00 and under are included. I'm confused. It seems these lists change frequently, so I have no clue whether DH and I should upgrade our Classic Packages on our Nov. cruise. Any advice?

Celebrity did raise prices, but they also raised the thresholds of the drink packages to keep them within the allowed price points if that makes sense. The spreadsheet I linked to is for ALL drinks, not just the Classic package. The price increases aren't necessarily reflected on it (other than Martini Bar), but you can get a good idea. Think of the Classic Package as giving you access to standard call drinks and the Premium as access to top shelf. The best advice if you are unsure is to not stress about it and just wait until you're on the ship to decide. For me it's no question, I always go Premium. Each cruise my wife says she's going Classic and we end up upgrading her within 24 hours... The drink package is a beautiful thing! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

P.S. The wines $9 and under vs $8 and under is a reflection of the price point increase on the packages to keep the same selections available after the price increases. In my opinion Celebrity has done a wonderful job with the drink packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums