Triumph reviews?

jakeHOU97

Hello, my family and I are seriously considering booking a last-minute cruise for this summer on the Triumph out of Galveston. If anyone has or know any reviews of the Triumph after the 2.0 upgrade with pictures, please post here.

Thanks

My husband, myself and our adult son were on the Apr 26 Triumph cruise. It was our first time on Carnival, and I was prepared for a lesser experience, but was pleasantly surprised. Great service from our stewards, pretty good food (more choices than on other ships), never felt crowded, other pax were pleasant, etc. We had a suite, so we had lots of storage space and a balcony. The only negative I can come up with is that there were signs of wear and rust here and there (e.g., the chair in our cabin needs replacing), but overall our experience was great. Was not too hot yet, fortunately, because I don't enjoy humid stuffy days. The Progreso port didn't work for us, it was too sprawled out to walk around for very long (and too hot) so we didn't do much there. But if lying on the beach is your thing, it will be fine.

Don't have any info for you as we are going on the Triumph on August 11th and I was wondering the same thing. But my booking agent with Carnival said they remolded the entire ship, so who knows. But it better be nice as all our others cruises with Carnival.

We have cruised on it in February 2014 and we loved it. As a matter of fact I just booked a last minute cruise for June 2 by myself. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will also be on the June 2nd cruise out of Galveston.

Hi! :)

We sailed the Triumph last year, just a few months after the infamous Poop Cruise and are about to sail her again in a little less than three weeks. We've really enjoyed sailing out of Galveston (about a 6 hr drive down from Dallas for us) and are looking forward to our cruises this summer.

We loved the 2.0 upgrades like Guy's Burger Joint and my son (10) loved the slide. We didn't do Camp Carnival because he took one look and declared it "too babyish" for him, though he did enjoy hanging out with us for trivia and going to the shows. His favorite last year was Motor City because he loves rock n roll. :)

Just off the Triumph May 29th, and a fantastic ship. Ship was in great repair. The 2.0 upgrades are fantastic (Guys, Frogs, Alchemy, etc) Camp carnival facilities were great. Dining room did show a bit of age, but clean and GREAT service and great food. Highly recommend the Triumph.

Oh, and sailing out of Galveston is our best experience yet.