Magic Deluxe Ocean View - Bed Configuration

whciv

We are sailing next month on the Magic and staying in a Deluxe Ocean View Room. Does anyone know how you can configure the bed in the room. I know you can have a king or two twins, but can you move them near the window to allow for more room in front of the bed? We have 3 traveling and want to configure the room best for walking space.

Also, our cabin is aft deck 1. We've never been this deep on a ship. Is the noise level a problem here? Do these rooms have cooling problems are other cons that we should know about?

BC :)

We are sailing next month on the Magic and staying in a Deluxe Ocean View Room. Does anyone know how you can configure the bed in the room. I know you can have a king or two twins, but can you move them near the window to allow for more room in front of the bed? We have 3 traveling and want to configure the room best for walking space.

Also, our cabin is aft deck 1. We've never been this deep on a ship. Is the noise level a problem here? Do these rooms have cooling problems are other cons that we should know about?

BC :)

The beds are perpendicular to the window and you can't really move them much closer to the window. There is only about 18" between the bed closest to the window and the exterior wall of the cabin.

The floor space will be in front of the sofa bed, so you'll have an area about 7 feet long and 5-6 feet wide as floor space.

If you'll go on the deckplans on Carnival's website and click on your cabin you'll see the general configuration of your cabin. http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-magic.aspx#deckplans

I've got a DOV on the Magic in August but I'm aft on deck 2. I do expect there to be some noise and vibration when docking due to the aft thrusters. And for us we are under the forward part of the aft dining room so there could be some early morning noise if breakfast is being served in that DR, but we're early risers so that shouldn't be a problem for us.

We stayed in aft deck 1 on the Magic and noticed noise and vibration when docking in the morning. We wake up early on port mornings, so it was not a problem for us, but light sleepers who want to sleep in may be awakened. Otherwise, it was a quiet area with no other issues. The deluxe oceanviews are nice, and we loved the Magic.

We stayed in aft deck 1 on the Magic and noticed noise and vibration when docking in the morning. We wake up early on port mornings, so it was not a problem for us, but light sleepers who want to sleep in may be awakened. Otherwise, it was a quiet area with no other issues. The deluxe oceanviews are nice, and we loved the Magic.

The DOV we stayed in last year was very nice... I don't think would have room to move the beds... the cabinet is to close. Those rooms have an extra bath area which should help with 3 people in the cabin.

Thanks. Anyone else with input on the aft cabins on deck 1 of Magic. We thought we might change the room, but maybe the noise level is not bad. Also, I've read about cabins being warm to even hot. Is this true on Deck 1?