Question - 2 cabins - 1 Platinum, 1 Gold

ukdeblarz

They aren't lenient on the wine thing , they were taking everyone's bottles that were too large, taking the soda that ppl had too much of and they took my listerine and said it was

Too big ! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Was it really Listerine? Or booze in Listerine bottle? If it really was Listerine they should not have taken it away, IMHO.

• 3 weeks later...
Was it really Listerine? Or booze in Listerine bottle? If it really was Listerine they should not have taken it away, IMHO.

It was mouth wash , there were six of us and they said we only needed one bottle, not six

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

...Debarkation is the same as embark. You cannot join them. However, those that carry their own luggage off, are actually off the ship before the Platinum because Platinum cruisers are waiting for their luggage to be sorted before they debark them. So if you want to debark together, it would be best for all to do the carry your luggage off option.

Have a great cruise!

Platinum can be the first ones off the ship if they do platinum self-assist debarkation.

Platinum can be the first ones off the ship if they do platinum self-assist debarkation.

This is where my question lies. I am platinum, sister & daughter in another cabin are gold. Embarking is not an issue, as I will be doing a B2B and they aren't on the 1st cruise - however, I plan to try self-assist for the first time (hopefully, I'll keep the luggage down & manageable).

Here's the question - since we are travelling together, will my sister & daughter be able to disembark with me as Platinum self assist? Or will I need to join what I've noticed is becoming the crazy crowds of regular self-assist? I don't think me disembarking before them will work very well, unless there's somewhere in the terminal where I can sit and wait for them. If I remember correctly, once you got through Customs, they were making you leave the building.

If everyone planning to use self-assist would keep their luggage down to one per person it wouldn't be that big of an issue - but on the last several crfuises I've been on I saw the crowd and it was ridiculous. People trying to drag 3 suitcases each, rolling over everyone - it was crazy!!

We will be at the Miami terminal if that matters.

This is where my question lies. I am platinum, sister & daughter in another cabin are gold. Embarking is not an issue, as I will be doing a B2B and they aren't on the 1st cruise - however, I plan to try self-assist for the first time (hopefully, I'll keep the luggage down & manageable).

Here's the question - since we are travelling together, will my sister & daughter be able to disembark with me as Platinum self assist? Or will I need to join what I've noticed is becoming the crazy crowds of regular self-assist? I don't think me disembarking before them will work very well, unless there's somewhere in the terminal where I can sit and wait for them. If I remember correctly, once you got through Customs, they were making you leave the building.

If everyone planning to use self-assist would keep their luggage down to one per person it wouldn't be that big of an issue - but on the last several crfuises I've been on I saw the crowd and it was ridiculous. People trying to drag 3 suitcases each, rolling over everyone - it was crazy!!

We will be at the Miami terminal if that matters.

To answer the original question, my experience has been "yes", your non-platinum guests can disembark with you. On both occasions that we have done this (Tampa and Jacksonville), we simply asked if our traveling partners could disembark with us (we're platinum as well) and without any hesitation, both times the response was in the affirmative.

For us, to disembark early, required for everyone to assemble in one of the public rooms and once the ship was cleared, all of us were lead to the elevators and then to Customs.

Garnett

I travel with my parents(Gold). I'm platinum. We share the same cabin. We check in together at port of Long Beach at the platinum area. They have both the gold and platinum key cards. We stick together and go through security and straight to the cabin together. No problems.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

To answer the original question, my experience has been "yes", your non-platinum guests can disembark with you. On both occasions that we have done this (Tampa and Jacksonville), we simply asked if our traveling partners could disembark with us (we're platinum as well) and without any hesitation, both times the response was in the affirmative.

For us, to disembark early, required for everyone to assemble in one of the public rooms and once the ship was cleared, all of us were lead to the elevators and then to Customs.

Garnett

Thank you for the information. Like you, we're traveling together, so I was just hoping that we could disembark together. I would never try to get them to EMbark early, but didn't think disembarking would really put anyone out.'

Again, thanks for the information.