Vow Renewal Princess

I have decided to ask my husband to marry me all over again while on board the Grand Princess in Alaska. I have paid for the package. Now what? Has anyone don this on the Grand Princess?

Yes and it was wonderful! The Grand was sailing the Eastern Caribbean at the time. It was our 25th anniversary. I also bought the package and was very pleased. My flowers were gorgeous and the cake and champagne were very good too. I don't remember the day of the cruise but it was about day 3 or 4. There is a lovely little chapel with seating for maybe 25 people. By it being mid cruise we had met some people who were delighted to get all dressed up and attend our renewal. The ships photographer was there and took some nice pictures. My DH rented a tux on board and I had bought a beautiful gown. Our wedding had been very informal so I really enjoyed shopping for my dress, accessories and of course lingerie. It was the wedding that we really never had.

You will meet with the wedding consultant and go over details a couple of days ahead. We had written our own vows. You will be assigned a day and time. I'm pretty sure that they are done on at sea days. The only con that I could mention is that you will not be the only couple. There are time slots with not much time in between. It wasn't rushed but a little more time to savor the moment would be nice. We kept our wedding attire on for the remainder of the evening and had more drinks bought for the "Newly Wed's than we could drink. We also danced to "our song" in one of the lounges and everyone cleared the dance floor. It was a wonderful experience that I will never forget. Go all out or keep it casual, whatever works for you but don't hesitate to make it everything that you want it to be. The crew will go out of their way to make it special for you.

Coincidental or not I don't know but we were upgraded from a balcony to an aft owners suite complete with a butler and all of the other perks.