Cost of classic to premium upgrade

scifimonkey

We will have the classic drinks package next cruise which will be a first for us as we have never booked early enough to get the one,two, three offer before. It seems that many posters have recommended upgrading to the premium package on board.

How much does this cost and how do you go about it?

How good is the 'by the glass' service at dinner. We would normally order a bottle but assuming the by the glass wines are ok and the service is attentive it seems that it might be be more economic on the premium package to order by the glass ?

We will have the classic drinks package next cruise which will be a first for us as we have never booked early enough to get the one,two, three offer before. It seems that many posters have recommended upgrading to the premium package on board.

How good is the 'by the glass' service at dinner. We would normally order a bottle but assuming the by the glass wines are ok and the service is attentive it seems that it might be be more economic on the premium package to order by the glass ?

From a few threads, understand it is $11.50 per day and can be done at any bar. Don't know re the service but on a non alcoholic package, never had an issue getting further service

From a few threads, understand it is $11.50 per day and can be done at any bar. Don't know re the service but on a non alcoholic package, never had an issue getting further service

I agree. On embarkation day they had a special table setup to do this. very easy to do.

We liked the by the glass selection alot. Our experience on latest Summit cruise was the sommelier ended up bring the bottle to the table of what we ordered. I did tip him on the second night which may have influenced him. We were with a larger group and on a couple of nights we had 5 bottles on the table at once since everyone had ordered a different type of wine.

We are on a 14 night cruise next year and have just upgraded from classic to premium. It cost us £98 each. We were very happy with this given we got the free classic package on booking. We did it on line as we like to get things done early.

We were on the millennium last year and although on select dining never felt we were waiting for a refill. The wine waiters were always very attentive and the wines by the glass were always pretty good.

Have a great cruise. :)

In April on Reflection, it was 11.50 US per day to upgrade to Premium. We both had the Classic BP from 123 go.

I upgraded at Oceanview Cafe within 30 minutes of boarding, I am a drink snob:roll eyes:

My SO stuck with Classic. Neither of us had an issue with service, it was wonderful. SO doesn't drink wine but I do at dinner and never had a problem with either service or selection. In the MDR the Sommelier will recommend based on menu choices. You will not be left wondering if your package includes it, they will tell you. I never had an issue with service and while I never got a bottle as another poster stated, my glass was never empty.:D There were also Sparkling wines available….

Absolutely worth the upgrade!..(IMHO)