Grand Princess Vow Renewal

rwstout

I have decided to ask my husband to marry me all over again while on board the Grand Princess in Alaska. I have paid for the package. Now what? Has anyone don this on the Grand Princess?

I have decided to ask my husband to marry me all over again while on board the Grand Princess in Alaska. I have paid for the package. Now what? Has anyone don this on the Grand Princess?

We did ours on the Caribbean Princess last November. We opted for the deluxe package. The Grand has a wedding chapel, so I would expect the experience to be similar to ours.

When you first board, you will want to check to make sure the package is there. But wait a while because it may take an hour or two to upload all of the data to their system. Once the package is on the ship, you should be contacted by an event coordinator, who will meet with you to plan the service0how many guests, music, vows-boilerplate or something you write, etc.

They will provide a bouquet and a boutonnière. Normally they book these services on a formal night sea day. They package trees are delivered on the day of the service. They will come for you when the time comes and you simply go to the wedding chapel and follow the plan you set up with the coordinator. The music plays, the captain officiates, the photographer snaps a bunch of photos.

Everyone has a great time. The photographer may invite yo to go to the atrium for more pictures, which you can do.

That is basically it. The pictures will be available in a day or two after the service and, of course, they have a full package in addition to the free photos you get with the package.

Congratulations and have a great time!

I don't have any information on a cake, but I do have a couple of pictures of the chapel. These were taken in 2009 when a lovely couple we met the first night of our Med. cruise invited us to their vow renewal! Sorry, they're not the best view and I'm not sure if they've changed anything about the chapel in the past five years.

0252408a-7529-4aaf-9178-2c98330192d2_zps89bb0123.jpg?t=1400909373

f7712122-2cc9-461e-aff1-75ea04fbdbb4_zpsc7a08e1b.jpg?t=1400908965

And on the Grand during a Med Cruise in 2011. We actually were able to schedule it the day of our anniversary and it was a sea day and we followed it with an Ultimate Balcony Dinner and we got upgraded to the owner's suite for the cruise...

We did purchase the less expensive package and supplemented with the UBD afterwards. We missed getting video of the event due to a miscommunication, but make sure you coordinate it with both the coordinator and the photography studio personnel so that everyone is on the same page.

Really recommend both video and stills.

it is not a group ceremony, it is very well done, very moving and very recommended.

Invite as many of the crew and people you meet on the ship as you can, that's what we did!

I don't have any information on a cake, but I do have a couple of pictures of the chapel. These were taken in 2009 when a lovely couple we met the first night of our Med. cruise invited us to their vow renewal! Sorry, they're not the best view and I'm not sure if they've changed anything about the chapel in the past five years.

0252408a-7529-4aaf-9178-2c98330192d2_zps89bb0123.jpg?t=1400909373

f7712122-2cc9-461e-aff1-75ea04fbdbb4_zpsc7a08e1b.jpg?t=1400908965

That is the original wedding chapel on the Grand. DH and were married there in 2004. We went on cruise just to say good-bye to that chapel before it was relocated during the Grand's long dry dock when they took the shopping cart handle off of it as well. There is an new wedding chapel on the Grand now.

On topic for the thread, a renewal of vows will be lovely. Invite friends!