UDP pre-booking questions

diskids2

Hi All!

We will be getting ready to pre book dining for our cruise. We have four rooms with 7 people. Everyone has the UDP. We plan on booking the Cirque show for the first night as well.

1. Can I go online and book a restaurant and time for 7 people, even though I only have 2 in my room?

2. If we have to book separately, how do we let them know that we are all one party?

3. If we pre-book the cirque show, do we pay for it and are then credited or does the system recognize that we are on the UDP and not charge us?

4. This is our first cruise so if I haven't asked something or asked it in a wrong way...forgive me...I'm learning!

Hi All!

We will be getting ready to pre book dining for our cruise. We have four rooms with 7 people. Everyone has the UDP. We plan on booking the Cirque show for the first night as well.

1. Can I go online and book a restaurant and time for 7 people, even though I only have 2 in my room?

2. If we have to book separately, how do we let them know that we are all one party?

3. If we pre-book the cirque show, do we pay for it and are then credited or does the system recognize that we are on the UDP and not charge us?

4. This is our first cruise so if I haven't asked something or asked it in a wrong way...forgive me...I'm learning!

You can book the dining for everyone. It will all be under your name, and you simply type how many in the party. You can select up to 8, but people report difficulties sometimes getting an odd number. Better luck if you make your reservation very early. It doesn't ask for names or anything, you just choose how many people under your own name.

As far as the Cirque show, that one is booked under individual names. You select the names of the people in your party who are wishing to go. So you will only be able to select the names of those on your own reservation, because the other names won't appear. Yes, the system will recognize UDP and not charge you.

Edited by LrgPizza

Just returned from being on the Breakaway...one recommendation for you is to print out your Cirque confirmation before you board. I had reserved online for 1st night show since it was included with UDP but when arrived, I was told we didn't have reservations. The woman checking in people was rude and not willing to help and "blamed" me for not printing out the confirmation. I insisted on speaking to the box office manager...explained to him what happened and he ended reserving another night for us since the 1st night was full. He was pleasant to deal with and understanding. We spoke to 3 other couples during the week that had the same issue. So just a thought, you may want to bring a copy of the confirmation just in case. Glad we got to see it, the show was great! Enjoy!

You can book the dining for everyone. It will all be under your name, and you simply type how many in the party. You can select up to 8, but people report difficulties sometimes getting an odd number. Better luck if you make your reservation very early. It doesn't ask for names or anything, you just choose how many people under your own name.

But if you book any specialty restaurant for more persons than there are on your cruise reservation, wouldn't you then have to pre-pay for the rest, like you have to do when you book a specialty restaurant and you don't have the UDP? Since the system on myncl probably just will "recognize" 2 persons with UDP on that reservation?

But if you book any specialty restaurant for more persons than there are on your cruise reservation, wouldn't you then have to pre-pay for the rest, like you have to do when you book a specialty restaurant and you don't have the UDP? Since the system on myncl probably just will "recognize" 2 persons with UDP on that reservation?

We did not. We booked for 3, and only 2 of us have the UDP. We did not have to pay for the 3rd.

When we booked the show the first night, we did have to pay for the 3rd person who does not have UDP.

We did not. We booked for 3, and only 2 of us have the UDP. We did not have to pay for the 3rd.

When we booked the show the first night, we did have to pay for the 3rd person who does not have UDP.

Thank you very much for your response, I appreciate it. :)

• 1 month later...