Cabin Decoration Ideas

I would like to decorate our cabin door and maybe surprise my MIL and DM with decorations for theirs. We tried this once before on a Halloween cruise and the decorations kept coming down. How do you keep them up? My DH brought electrical tape (I didn't think it would work and it didn't), but I would like something better. Ideas? Also what have y'all done in the past to make your door cute?

Not all ship's doors are metal.

We bought large "stickers" of cruise ships and portholes that stayed just find on the doors. In fact we had one ship stuck on our balcony and one day I said, "Oh look, there's a ship in the distance" LOL It was the stick on!

I use the sticker type or gel type. They usually stick well and are easily removable. I find them on websites, the last one came from Amazon. I search for the theme I am looking for and party decorations.

I've always used scotch tape too. We've used red/wht/blue for the summer holidays. I've got beach cutouts from last year. One year we celebrated my niece(21) and nephew(18) birthday and I had birthday banners and letters and then I got a baby picture and a current picture of each one and pasted the letters ... "Look who's 18 or 21" and put the before and current pictures up. They were recognized a few times around the ship ... LOL. Go to your nearest Dollar Tree and they've got packages of several options and you can get lettering as well (may be in the school section).

I've gone to the dollar store and bought a tropical poster for the door. Then I put my own little stamp on it. One year we had a suite and I cut out letters "Life is suite" and sprinkled gold glitter on them and pasted them on the poster with a glue stick. A different time I cut out letters "caribbean cruise" in white letters and sprinkled them with silver glitter and pasted them to the poster. I've used scotch tape to adhere the poster to the door and never had an problems. For the next cruise I bought a rainbow of ribbons and will put the colors together and will curl them once we get to the ship. Then I will take them to the door. Have fun!!

The sticky tack poster putty, you can get it at Walmart in the hardware section where the gorilla glue and stuff is sold. A little goes a LONG way.

I went to the dollar store for our last cruise and bought a bunch of cheap decorations that I could just throw away at the end of the cruise. They even have fishing nets right now in the luau stuff.

This year we are sailing in December, and taking the grown kids for the first time, so I am doing a Christmas tree out of ribbon on each door.

The sticky tack poster putty, you can get it at Walmart in the hardware section where the gorilla glue and stuff is sold. A little goes a LONG way.

I went to the dollar store for our last cruise and bought a bunch of cheap decorations that I could just throw away at the end of the cruise. They even have fishing nets right now in the luau stuff.

This year we are sailing in December, and taking the grown kids for the first time, so I am doing a Christmas tree out of ribbon on each door.

Ah! I love the Christmas tree idea!

All of these are wonderful suggestions. I will definitely hit up the dollar store before we go. I might bring magnets, scotch tape, AND the sticky tack. LOL