NCL Price Drop Question--Alaska

Italy52

Looking for replies from past NCL cruisers who went to Alaska.

Haven't sailed with NCL to Alaska; will be doing so in 2015. Just wondering, historically, has NCL dropped prices for Alaskan cruises? I know some of the other cruise lines do this but wasn't sure if NCL does.

In September, 2013 - we got a great deal due to a price drop. We had originally booked a BA, and prices dropped about 30 days before sailing. We upgraded from a balcony to a aft PH suite for $220 / pp.

Keep in mind, we UPGRADED after final payment. We didn't call whining trying to get a lower price for the same cabin after FP.

Answers you get to a question like this will be anecdotal at best. Prices can absolutely drop, particularly on the shoulder seasons sailings. You, your T/A, or your PCC will have to watch this and decide/act accordingly.

Haven't sailed with NCL to Alaska; will be doing so in 2015. Just wondering, historically, has NCL dropped prices for Alaskan cruises? I know some of the other cruise lines do this but wasn't sure if NCL does.

Depends entirely on demand. They have had HUGE price drops to Alaska the last couple years on last minute bookings. Look at the prices for the Sun to Alaska in the next couple weeks. Prices have fallen dramatically.

Just returned from NCL Pearl 10 day Alaskan cruise. When I started checking prices last fall for this cruise .... a 10th deck balcony cabin was $1549 plus tax. 6 weeks before the cruise departed(5/8/14)..I got it for $989 +. So I thought I got a real decent deal...especially for a 10 day cruise!icon10.gif

Edited by cruizinator

We did the Sun in May 2013 and were able to upsell first from an aft facing balcony to an aft facing mini suite, and then there were dramatic price drops after final payment and we upsold to an aft facing penthouse for less than $200 total. Got extra OBC with the upgrade as well. Many on our roll call got either free upgrades or upsold for great prices to balconies, owners suites etc. We watched prices and did not sit around waiting for a call.

Thanks everyone for your comments, I appreciate them very much. I will definitely be watching NCL cabin pricing until we cruise. Since ours is a 14-day cruise it will be interesting to see if there will be any discounting.

Just returned from NCL Pearl 10 day Alaskan cruise. When I started checking prices last fall for this cruise .... a 10th deck balcony cabin was $1549 plus tax. 6 weeks before the cruise departed(5/8/14)..I got it for $989 +. So I thought I got a real decent deal...especially for a 10 day cruise!icon10.gif

I'm finding that most last minute deals to Alaska are for guarantee cabins. Still not sure that we want to trust that. Would not be a happy sailor in a forward cabin due to highly likely seasickness.:D