Beaches in Dubrovnik?

I saw one on a map and am wondering if anyone has been to any? We are looking for one (sometime during our Mediterranean cruise from Barcelona to Venice) that we can take the kids to some day.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a beach which might be family friendly?

I saw one on a map and am wondering if anyone has been to any? We are looking for one (sometime during our Mediterranean cruise from Barcelona to Venice) that we can take the kids to some day.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a beach which might be family friendly?

Dubrovnik has a nice beach near to the old town, it is a stone pebble beach, NO sand. Our water is clean and sparkling, due to the fact we do not have sand. However many foreigners are not comfortable walking on the pebbles. I never swim without using water sandals. If you are arriving here in August, be prepared for a busy and crowded beach.

I second the emotions of the Lady above. The beach is just a short walk east of the walled city and it does have beautiful clear water and a pebbled beach entry. I snorkeled there too as well as off the wall on the other side of the marina. Not too many fish but still fun and the water was incredible. Fantastic day in Dubrovnik, especially if you've gotten hot walking the wall. And yes, bring your water shoes. Enjoy!

Sorry, but Dubrovnik is not really a beach kind of place. As stated by others, there is no sand, just rocks.

Unless you have been to Dubrovnik before, there is a lot to see in the city.