Cannes Perfume factories

nadeki

I feel like I have researched so much and just can't take in one more piece of info.

Has anyone done a perfume tour in Cannes? I have read there are some factories that do this for free.

Please tell me how you go to them from the port in Cannes.

Thanks

I feel like I have researched so much and just can't take in one more piece of info.

Has anyone done a perfume tour in Cannes? I have read there are some factories that do this for free.

Please tell me how you go to them from the port in Cannes.

Thanks

I do not know of any perfume factories in Cannes. The only factory I know of in the area would be Fragonard in Grasse.I would think you could find a tour to take you there. This you would have to search for on line if your cruise does not do one.

The ship does offer one to Grasse included with other things to do. I did not want a long all day tour.....And the factories all say free of charge. So, the ship excursion is overpriced more than the normal amount!!

Trying to figure out how to get to Grasse...

The ship does offer one to Grasse included with other things to do. I did not want a long all day tour.....And the factories all say free of charge. So, the ship excursion is overpriced more than the normal amount!!

Where are the other factories that you mention? To tour the Grasse factory it is free,but I don't know other ones. I believe Fragondard had a store in Monte Carlo,but not sure if still there..it is not a facorty. It is interesting,but they have changed how and what they do over the years.Maybe you could book a private tour..there are mentions of guides on this board.Ship tours are always more money,but sometimes worth it in some areas. Good luck.

While I'm a DIY'r, there are some things that you have to just take a ship tour if you want to see it. When we stayed in Cannes, we rented a car and drove to Grasse. If you are that interested in the perfume factory, I would recommend that you just bite the bullet and take the tour. Grasse is a distance (not too bad) from Cannes.

While I'm a DIY'r, there are some things that you have to just take a ship tour if you want to see it. When we stayed in Cannes, we rented a car and drove to Grasse. If you are that interested in the perfume factory, I would recommend that you just bite the bullet and take the tour. Grasse is a distance (not too bad) from Cannes.

Thanks, I think I am going to go with the ship. The tour does not start until 1:30 so we have the AM to do other things. This is the one thing my 10 year old daughter is interested in.....

A few years back I did a shore excursion with one of the Crystal ships from Cannes to Grasse. We visited the Galimard factory and then had time to purchase perfumes from them, then we went to another place and had a perfume workshop where we created our own perfumes.

I know Galimard offers this ability to create your scent, as well. Here is a link to their website:

http://www.galimard.com/index.php/en/visit-to-grasse/individuals-a-group-details.html

A few years back I did a shore excursion with one of the Crystal ships from Cannes to Grasse. We visited the Galimard factory and then had time to purchase perfumes from them, then we went to another place and had a perfume workshop where we created our own perfumes.

I know Galimard offers this ability to create your scent, as well. Here is a link to their website:

http://www.galimard.com/index.php/en/visit-to-grasse/individuals-a-group-details.html

Thanks, I have booked the ships tour and am going to keep my eyes and ears open to the factory where you make your own.