Is this something new for Princess?

lkmamom

We noticed on our recent Golden cruise some new members of the cruise staff. They were the Youth Security. They were young men and women dressed in dark pants and bright yellow shirts with Youth Security printed on the back of their shirts. They walked around especially at the shows monitering where the youth sat and walked the halls in the late evenings and night. We only had 360 youth on our cruise and I must say that it was a very well behaved group of kids. I thought that this was a great idea but wondered if this is something new that Princess has started as we have never noticed them before on our other cruises. We asked one of the guys if there were any problems and he said "no, but when there is a smaller group of kids, there tends to be more problems so they were out to make sure that all went smoothly." In light of all of the problems that we have read on these boards about kids, I really think that Princess is listening and trying to react responsibly:)

Linda

We saw the Youth Security for the first time on out Grand Princess March 2005 sailing which was during the spring break. Someone mentioned that it had just started.

For that matter, we didn't see any during our Thanksgiving cruise which also had a hign number of youth.

I thought the same thing Toto.....but I guess my point is that they are really trying to make our cruises the best that they can. I really think that they read our posts on this board. Have fun on your cruise you lucky one!!:D And,don't miss Rich's talk on cruising I think he gives it on the first sea day, it is very interesting with lots of great stories.

Linda

We have been on several Carnival cruises and we have encountered all kinds of kids. The last cruise we met 2 young boys who were about 11, 12 and we always by themselves. They were the most polite boys I have met. Always saying thank you etc. Then we had the same age boys using the hot tub as a playground. There were several adults in the hot tub when my DH and I went in, they were not happy, but they also were not saying anything. Being a scout leader of boys, I just told them to get out and go in the pool to play. They did listen. The people in the tub thanked us. I am glad that the cruise lines have followed up with this type of security. We cruise during the seasons when their are the least amount of kids, not that we don't like them, but we did not bring ours along as we wanted to relax.

Norske

There was youth security walking around on our spring break cruise this past March on the Diamond. They really did a great job and even helped my nephew one night in the spa when another boy threw a cup at him over a disagreement. I must take my hat off to Princess for responding in such a positive manner!

Pam

Youth Security! what a great idea. Hats off to Princess.

One reason we did not go with RCCL for our cruise in August is the thought of all those unsupervised kiddies on summer break. I like kids, but it only takes a few disrespectful, out of control kids with their "my kid can do no wrong" attitude parents to ruin a vacation. I travel with my children, so I do understand what travelin with children is all about, but that is no excuse for disrespect to other's enjoyment and property.

Thank you, Princess!

As I've said before, some cruises I've been on have children so out of control that it wouldn't have been put up with at any Holiday Inn, Best Western or even Motel 6. Why should cruise passengers, many who have paid thousands, put up with it?

Thank you again for your attention to a customer problem.

Great For Princess!!!!! Ever wonder why your breakfast tag some how got lost a couple times on your cruise with everyone's darling teenagers? We used to be the same teenagers, but we had better things to enjoy other than "playing games". :)Thank You Princess!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Next up - Geriatric Security Patrol to control us rude old geezers who break into buffet lines, push onto elevators, rant at the purser's desk and growl at stewards and younger pax who display any sign of enjoyment.:p

Next up - Geriatric Security Patrol to control us rude old geezers who break into buffet lines, push onto elevators, rant at the purser's desk and growl at stewards and younger pax who display any sign of enjoyment.:p

Hey........now that's an idea! Seriously, we could have used that on our last cruise. Not to sound like complaining, just noticed that the some of the "older" crowd acting just that way on our last cruise. It is really hard explaining that to your teen when you are trying to enforce being polite.

Linda

Archived