Bermuda dredging questions?

Since all the talk is Bermuda not quite cooperating at the moment with dredging, and hopefully they will eventually so we can get "Anthem" up here in NJ, and it will stay here. I have a question about the dredging. Will they be dredging deep enough for "Oasis" size ships as well as "Quantum" size ships to make it to Bermuda or are they only dredging enough for Quantum? Maybe this has already been answered or maybe the info hasn't been released yet, but I thought I'd ask.

They haven't even said they will dredge it at all. Never mind for Oasis class. But since you get get an Oasis class into any Northeast port, don't plan on it going there any time soon. Maybe someday, if it was dredged, they would entertain the idea of going up to Bermuda on a longer than 7 day itinerary, but that would be years away.

I would love to see an Oasis class ship come out of NY, Clearance under the Verrazano is not an issue it will fit they would have to retract the funnels, but is there demand here for such a big ship? I know that for the most part the Explorer always sails near/at capacity but will Oasis Class be too big.

The Oasis can fit in to NYC. The dredging in Bermuda though is to make the channel deeper. The Oasis would require a widening of the channel which would mean the destruction of more coral reefs and will likely never be approved. The dredging will result in the same width channel but an overall deeper bottom allowing for ships to more safely drift away from center without scraping bottom. That is where the concern for Quantum comes in. She barely sits deeper in the water than Breakaway but with this new plan she will safely be able to navigate with no concern as well as in higher winds.

I would love to see an Oasis class ship come out of NY, Clearance under the Verrazano is not an issue it will fit they would have to retract the funnels, but is there demand here for such a big ship? I know that for the most part the Explorer always sails near/at capacity but will Oasis Class be too big.

Oasis class would be very popular sailing from NJ. It's the most densely populated area of the U.S.

Edited to add: I see you are from Brooklyn..I think you already know what I posted above. :)

Edited by celebrity