Questions about Divina Yacht Club

eclecticphillyguy

I'm glad they limit admission to only 10 people a day, although on my last sailing,,that's about how many people we saw at the Yacht Club pool area on any given day.

:D

Well that would be a touche if we were dueling.

I guess 10 people wont be an issues as long as they dont sleep in the lounge overnight. :p

:D

Well that would be a touche if we were dueling.

I guess 10 people wont be an issues as long as they dont sleep in the lounge overnight. :p

Haaaaaa,,after eating about a dozen of those delicious little one bites they offer at night, I could have easily taken a nap on one the couches in there.

And is it once only during the cruise? Or can people buy tickets on multiple days?

You can purchase it as many days as you like so long as you are one of the ten for that day. You can not purchase it in advance I believe. Maybe our fellow MSC representative can chime in and give us all the particulars?

I guess it works as a good marketing move. It gives people sitting on the fence a chance to experience the Yacht Club for a lesser price and without committing to the whole cruise.

I'm glad they are putting a decent price on it and limiting it to 10 tickets per day. That seems like a good way of ensuring that balance is kept.

I'm also really really really glad that I managed to twist MrKat's arm to upgrade us to Yacht Club for our upcoming cruise! We originally booked an aft cabin on deck 13 with a juliette balcony but the more I read about Yacht Club the more I craved it! :D

I am also full aware that this is a very bad way to start cruising and we won't be happy settling for less in future! :D

I'm also really really really glad that I managed to twist MrKat's arm to upgrade us to Yacht Club for our upcoming cruise! We originally booked an aft cabin on deck 13 with a juliette balcony but the more I read about Yacht Club the more I craved it! :D

I am also full aware that this is a very bad way to start cruising and we won't be happy settling for less in future! :D

You are correct Kat,,it took one single 3 day cruise and now look at my Sig!! Ugghhhhhh!!!:)

PMSL!

Our next cruise after this one will be with our three sons so we may have to settle for a bit less. :(

Not with MSC youdon't - with MSC kids sail free - we took our 14 and 17 year olds into Yacht Club with us and just paid port charges - which you do in a regular cabin. I agree with the lack of people on deck comment - the pool, hot tubs and lounge chairs were always empty. The next cruise we did was on Peosia so there was no Yacht Club - boy did we miss it.

We had one on our last cruise. There are 2 totally seperate rooms. The living room is quite big. As I recall...I think there are 2 couches (sleepers?) and a chair. Also, the bathroom is much bigger than the YC1.....2 sinks and totally seperate shower beside the large tub.

Seperate closet area in the living room aside from the giant walkin closet in the bedroom.

It was only about $100. more pp than the YC1.

There is no balcony....but floor to ceiling windows in both rooms.

There are only 3 YC2 rooms. We got the one on the left. The middle room is a tad smaller and has an adjoining door to the room on the right.

It was unbelieveably fantastic...that as soon as I got home...I seached dates to find when a YC3 would be available.There are only 2 of those cabins.

They are like the YC2 but have a balcony. That ran $100.pp more than the YC2.

I booked one for next March. Because I always read cruisecritic...I was aware of the $10. coupon you can buy onboard for onboard credit on your next cruise. The amount depends on the catagory of cabin you book.

It has a lot of restrictions. You must use it within 18 months and is only combinable with a few things.....one being the early booking discount price....which of course we got because we booked int next year.

Bottom line...For that $10. coupon...They added $400. onboard credit because we booked in the Yacht Club.

My kids are not going for free in the YC over Christmas. Both kids are paying $500 + port fees.

They have adjusted who pays what but the kids have never been free. Also I have mocked several other YC cruises and the kids have never been free there has always been some cruise fee + port fees.

My kids are not going for free in the YC over Christmas. Both kids are paying $500 + port fees.

They have adjusted who pays what but the kids have never been free. Also I have mocked several other YC cruises and the kids have never been free there has always been some cruise fee + port fees.

We were going to bring our kids with us in April (13 and 16), and they were going to be charged full fare as long as they were in the Yacht Club,,,taxes and port fees if we were all in a regular stateroom though.

Msc usa has different pricing it seems than say msc uk where kids do sail free on divina, in YC or at least previous posters have said they have, but it states that kids sail free excludes the YC on msc usa.

The cost of kids in yc has varied in several mock bookings.

Here's an update to this thread. After speaking with my pvc, there have been some recent changes to the Yacht Club Day Pass. First, only 10 individuals per day are allowed to purchase a day pass. Secondly, the price has been reduced from $150.00 per day, to $110.00. A Yacht Club day pass entitles those who have purchased, full use of all Yacht Club areas, Top Sail Lounge, the One Bar, including all beverages, as well as 2 meals at the LeMuse dining room. Also included is full use of the steam rooms as well.

Very stupid by MSC to reduce price and let anyone to buy pass :mad: 10 more people in small pool will make me thinking -why did I paid 3 times more for this cruise. :eek: I understand if you are guest of some one in YC but to anyone????

Wow! That is stellar information and really opens our options up a lot! Thank you for taking the time to post - I really appreciate it!

Don't forget your complimentary mini bar which is refreshed TWICE daily with liquor,beer,sodas,juice, nuts, chocolate nuts & potato chips.

Your wii game system....this is what is really good about the YC2...plenty of room if you want to use that.

Big mounted TV in BOTH the living room & bedroom. The doors between the 2 rooms are solid so someome can actually watch tv in the bedroom and someone else in the living room without disturbing each other.

I discovered this because I usually do not drink during the day :O)

But they kept pouring me wine with my lunch :O)

I would need a siesta :O)

So I would watch TV (snore) in the bedroom and my husband would watch something else in the living room.