Cost for wifi on the ship?

Haven't been on a Royal Carib. Ship for years. We are planning on taking one next year.

Does anyone know the wifi packages available ? I've sear he'd the RCCl site and they say it varies from ship to ship and would give no other info.

We are going on the Navigator .

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can access the internet on the Navigator of the Seas -- there is WiFi on the entire ship. There is also an internet cafe on the Navigator of the Seas.

The Navigator of the Seas is WiFi enabled throughout the ship including cabins. The Navigator of the Seas does provide PC's in an internet cafe on Deck 8.

On all Royal Caribbean ships, there are 6 "hot spots" for WiFi use, and you will need a laptop, a Windows opeating system, and 102.11b wireless networking capability. The 6 designated "hot spots" for the Navigator of the Seas are the Cosmopolitan Club on Deck 14, the Solarium on Deck 11, the Cafe Promenade on Deck 5, the Two Poets Pub on Deck 5, the Schooner Bar on Deck 4, and the Conference Center on Deck 2.

You can choose from the Navigator of the Seas "pay-as-you-go" rate with your own laptop or at the various kiosks throughout the ship is a base rate is $.65 per minute or one of the following prepaid packages:

$35.00 for 60 minutes

$55.00 for 100 minutes

$75.00 for 150 minutes

$100 for 250 minutes

$150 for 500 minutes

You can access the internet on the Navigator of the Seas -- there is WiFi on the entire ship. There is also an internet cafe on the Navigator of the Seas.

The Navigator of the Seas is WiFi enabled throughout the ship including cabins. The Navigator of the Seas does provide PC's in an internet cafe on Deck 8.

On all Royal Caribbean ships, there are 6 "hot spots" for WiFi use, and you will need a laptop, a Windows opeating system, and 102.11b wireless networking capability. The 6 designated "hot spots" for the Navigator of the Seas are the Cosmopolitan Club on Deck 14, the Solarium on Deck 11, the Cafe Promenade on Deck 5, the Two Poets Pub on Deck 5, the Schooner Bar on Deck 4, and the Conference Center on Deck 2.

You can choose from the Navigator of the Seas "pay-as-you-go" rate with your own laptop or at the various kiosks throughout the ship is a base rate is $.65 per minute or one of the following prepaid packages:

$35.00 for 60 minutes

$55.00 for 100 minutes

$75.00 for 150 minutes

$100 for 250 minutes

$150 for 500 minutes

I am sure someone will update this with different costs, but in general is a good guide.

$35.00 for 60 minutes

$55.00 for 100 minutes

$75.00 for 150 minutes

$100 for 250 minutes

$150 for 500 minutes

I have not been on the Navigator since the re-do, but more and more of the ships are no longer offering the "minutes" packages.

On the Independence, for example, you could only buy "hours".

Under the minute packages, if you run over your paid-for time, it just lets you keep going, but starts charging you 85 cents per minute after your paid minutes run out.

Under the hour packages, at the end of your time, the computer dumps you out of what you are doing. There is supposed to be a warning that you are coming up on your last few minutes, but that didn't always happen. :eek:

Thank you all for your replies.

Does anyone know if the Navigator has the unlimited package?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There was a set of cruise compasses posted on another website that we can't name here but here are the details from the March 30 2104 sailing on the Navigator.

Unlimited 2 devices is $229.95

Unlimited 1 device is $189.95

Fairly certain that there are no hot spots as was mentioned but that Internet is available everywhere on the ship.

From 13-20 April 2014 cruise:

$229.95 - unlimited with two devices at any given time

$189.95 - unlimited. one device

Daily Plan - $59.90 Expires 24 hours from time of purchase. one device.

One Hour Plan - $29.95 60 minutes from time of purchase. one device.

Three Day Special - Starting noon on Day 4 - $140.95 72 hours. Two devices

Available at iCafe stations only - 30 minutes plan - $10.00 Expires 30 minutes after purchase.

Available at iCafe stations only - 30 minutes plan - $10.00 Expires 30 minutes after purchase.

I will be on the Explorer June 19. Do you know if this also applies to the Explorer?

Reid

We just got off the Navigator day before yesterday (Sun, May 25) and the prices listed above are correct. We started with a one hour plan, which was an epic fail. The connection is notoriously slow and that one hour disappeared in record time. We wound up buying the unlimited with one device on Day 3 and stopped worrying about it. I really wish we would have done the Unlimited with 2 devices. There are no good deals offered, however. It's ridiculous to charge so much for such an inefficient system. But, they didn't hold a gun to my head to buy it either...it was my choice.

Just off the Explorer of the Seas last week. If I remembered correctly below are some of the plans they had:

$189.95 - unlimited - one device

$59.90 Expires 24 hours from time of purchase - one device.

$29.95 60 minutes from time of purchase - one device.

They also had other various minute plans but I don't remember the cost. I also don't recall seeing an option of 'by the minute plan' like we had on the Oasis.

We used two 60 minute plans to check email on our 9 night sailing. As usually it was really slow. C & A discount was taken off once we selected a plan. We used the Internet Cafe on deck 8.

PS - We tried connecting to Royal wi-fi using my iPad Air in our stateroom (Deck 8 midship balcony) and it wouldn't connect. It must have been our location/ship since we had no problem connecting in our stateroom when we were on the Oasis.

Just off the Explorer of the Seas last week. If I remembered correctly below are some of the plans they had:

$189.95 - unlimited - one device

$59.90 Expires 24 hours from time of purchase - one device.

$29.95 60 minutes from time of purchase - one device.

They also had other various minute plans but I don't remember the cost. I also don't recall seeing an option of 'by the minute plan' like we had on the Oasis.

We used two 60 minute plans to check email on our 9 night sailing. As usually it was really slow. C & A discount was taken off once we selected a plan. We used the Internet Cafe on deck 8.

PS - We tried connecting to Royal wi-fi using my iPad Air in our stateroom (Deck 8 midship balcony) and it wouldn't connect. It must have been our location/ship since we had no problem connecting in our stateroom when we were on the Oasis.

Thanks for the update.

Also, Explorer won't have pervasive WiFi until her dry dock early next year.