Indy - 2 rooms or 1 JS?

Hi all. Looking to book the Indy next year. My sister will need a scooter. I've priced an accessible JS. I've also priced 1 accessible balcony and 1 regular ocean view room. It's $1000 less for the two rooms. We'd have two bathrooms and save money but the balcony is mid ship and the ocean view is all the way forward, so they are pretty far apart. Looking for opinions on how you would book. Thanks.

I am surprised that the two rooms are cheaper as you would need to pay double occupancy on both of the rooms if there is only the two of you sailing.

Plus under the Bogoho promotion I would think the JS would be better.

JS will have a tub but the others would only have showers.

I would double check the pricing as I don't think the bogo offer was valid for solo guests (someone previously mentioned they couldn't get it)

I'm sorry ..I didn't explain that well at all. There would be 4 of us total going. So two in each room. My apologies for not being clear. :-)

I was just wondering if being so far apart is a huge inconvenience.

Edited by SMN73

I'm sorry ..I didn't explain that well at all. There would be 4 of us total going. So two in each room. My apologies for not being clear. :-)

Not as long as you are prepared to walk:)

If I understand correctly it would be either

choice 1) 4 people and a scooter in an accessible JS with 1 bathroom OR

choice 2) 2 people and a scooter in an accessible Balcony with a bathroom AND 2 people in an OV with a bathroom AND $1000 in your collective pockets.

If those are correct, choice 2 wins hands down no matter how far apart the cabins are. Even if you weren't saving any money, the two cabins would still win - more space, more bathrooms. You will still have plenty of time to hang out together; with four in one cabin with one bathroom you would have more time together than most people would want.

Thom

Edited by TravelerThom

What are the ages? Are these four adults, or two adults and two children?

Personally, if it's four adults, it wouldn't bother me being half a ship away.

:)

A Junior suite is not good for any one handicapped as it has a bath and can be difficult for even ablebodied people to get in and out of, whereas an accessible cabin has a huge wet room.

OP stated they were looking at accessible JS here are details for OP if that helps

On Independence Of The Seas

View Accessible Junior Suite Across Our Fleet

Enlarge Image

Stateroom Details on the Independence Of The Seas

Two twin beds that convert to a Royal King, measuring 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long with open bed frames, wider entry door, turning spaces, private balcony, sitting area with lowered vanity, closet rods, and safe, and a private bathroom with a wider door, roll-in shower, grab bars, fold-down shower bench, hand-held shower head, raised toilet, and a lowered sink.

(424 sq. ft., balcony 65 sq. ft.)

If it is 4 adults (which I see from your signature it is!!!!!) then I would go accessible balcony and two rooms

View Accessible Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom Across Our Entire Fleet

Enlarge Image

Stateroom Details on the Independence Of The Seas

Two twin beds that convert to a Royal King, measuring 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long with open bed frames, wider entry door, turning spaces, private balcony, sitting area with lowered vanity, closet rods, and safe, and a private bathroom with a wider door, roll-in shower, grab bars, fold-down shower bench, hand-held shower head, raised toilet, and a lowered sink.

(286 sq. ft., balcony 46 sq. ft.)

It is the size of a standard JS almost so would be big enough for two.

Enjoy your cruise:)

Edited by Spurschick