MDR 6pm dining but no table number on my seapass card

Back when I was on the Oasis for the May 10-17th sailing. Which we booked over a year in advance and got 6pm dining and it was confrimed, it was on my online check in , and my setsail card but we noticed we didnt have a table number during muster drill. So we went to guest services which they told us to go to the MDR dining room at dinner and they would figure it out. The first night they set us at a temp table. I guess over 100 people each week on the Oasis dont get a table assigned to them and they brushed it off like it was no big deal. Has this happened to anyone else ?

Edited by trev71

Yes, except I went to the dining room just after boarding. I was told we had to go to MTD... Told them we didn't want MTD... we wanted a table. He got into his computer and assigned us a table... I went to look at the table... went back to him to thank him... but told him it was the farthest from the door and my mother walked with a walker. He reassigned us to a table closer to the door (mom was with me, so he saw the walker LOL). I then went to guest services to get a new seapass card, because of all the marker writing on the seapass card. That marker will come off of the seapass card and ruin clothing! It worked out!! Best to go early and get it straight than hold up dinner.

Yes, except I went to the dining room just after boarding. I was told we had to go to MTD... Told them we didn't want MTD... we wanted a table. He got into his computer and assigned us a table... I went to look at the table... went back to him to thank him... but told him it was the farthest from the door and my mother walked with a walker. He reassigned us to a table closer to the door (mom was with me, so he saw the walker LOL). I then went to guest services to get a new seapass card, because of all the marker writing on the seapass card. That marker will come off of the seapass card and ruin clothing! It worked out!! Best to go early and get it straight than hold up dinner.

I agree they wanted us to do that too and i told them no i booked this a year ago and i want my 6pm. we had a table for two but he said he couldnt promise that, I said that is fine. We had a table of 4 and sat next to a couple who this happeend to as well. They never marked it on my card they just told me the number and I remembered. After that everything was 100% fine.

i know my next cruise i will check right away. The only reason i noticed is cause we were in the dining room during muster drill and I though hey lets find out our table.