Embarkation from NYC

Pickles61

My Mom is driving us to the Port in NYC for our cruise on the Dawn. I want to try to find a spot to park the car so she can walk with us to the cruise ship - how far is she allowed to come with us before she will be stopped? My kids are excited and want her to show her the ship. I'm planning on getting there early.

Thanks, I knew she couldn't come aboard, I wasn't sure if she could come to the waiting area with us or not. I guess I should have said my kids want to show her the outside of the ship. Now I just have to find a spot on the street to park for an hour or so

I would save the money for parking as she wouldn't really get to see much of the ship.. She can park right at the dock (for a fee) and street parking will be scarce. If she drops you off at the pier, her best view of the ship will be driving up and then she can let you out right at the ship. If she does decide to park,she will be allowed into the waiting area but not into the security checkpoint room which has big windows where you can see the ship.

If street parking is unavailable, the parking lot charges $22 to leave your car for the day. Your mom will be allowed into the terminal and the starboard side of the ship is visable alongside the seating area. When I picked up my friend's parents we made a day of it - heck, you paid for the parking already...why not do some shopping or sightseeing! ;)

Archived