Insurance for a cancelled flight?

Hi everyone!

So I'm shopping for my next cruise, and doing a lot of preparation to make sure that I have the right kind of insurance for a flight/hotel/cruise vacation.

I'm covered for all medical stuff through my extended health/credit card. So I'm looking for cancellation/interruption insurance.

Now, because I work for an airline, I have a lot of experience with what can really go wrong. What I am most worried about is an outright cancellation of my flight, which causes me to miss my cruise. I already plan to fly to Florida 2 days before the cruise, but the reality is that if the airline cancels a flight, especially during high travel season, they will likely not be able to get me to my destination in time to catch my cruise. I may have to buy a ticket on another airline, or fly to my first non-US port to catch up.

Most insurance policies I have read cover flight "delays", but specifically state that a flight "cancellation" is not considered a delay. Their reasoning is that the airline then becomes responsible to get you to your destination, or reimburse you. However, the airline is only required to get you there "eventually", not on time to catch your cruise.

I was wondering if anyone had any advise on what I need to ask when shopping around. Or if anyone wants to share some stories that may have made you learn the hard way?

And unfortunately, I live in Quebec, therefore cannot go through Insuremytrip or insurancestore.

Thanks!