Navigator: sports court question

This is a silly question but one of utmost importance to my 15 yr old. :)

We have only done one cruise--carnival magic. We all were shocked at how much we enjoyed it so are looking to possibly go on another. My son LIVED in the multi sport court area. The activities scheduled there every day were his favorite part. Do most ships do this?? If I try the Navigator out but there's no dodgeball and other games besides basketball going on I will have one very bored teenager. Any insight?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The FlowRider should keep him occupied, ours really loved it. There is also the rock climbing wall, a compact but nice 9 hole mini golf course. I can't imagine a 15 yr old being bored on this ship, we just got off last week and our two young 20 somethings loved the sports area. They were too old for the teen club, but there seemed to be quite a few activities for them as well.

Having just come off Navigator, I can tell you there is usually something going on in the sports court. There is also a teen hangout area nearby as well as the flowrider already mentioned. Basically point him to the back of deck 14 and you'll probably never see him except meal times.:)

It probably will be mostly basketball but they will have volleyball and dodgeball also.

He will most definitely not be bored! There is just way too much going on for that to happen. I speak from experience having cruised many times with teenage boys!

Thank you!! I do think the flow rider will definitely occupy him (worried about lines a bit, though). However, he just loved the dodgeball, soccer, etc activities going on the Magic and I wasn't sure if other ships usually had those scheduled activities or not. As long as it's not just used for basketball, we're golden!

THANKS!

I would highly recommend springing for a Flowrider lesson early on during the cruise. It is at least 4 but no more than 6 students with two instructors for an hour. So so good and worthwhile. We anticipated long lines but found they were not near as bad as expected and what fun it was to watch all ages give it a go.