Question about carry on water bottles and wine

mskbee

[B][/B]Can you pack in your suitcase, the allowable carry on amount of water and wine? Or do you have to hand carry it on through security? We did not purchase FTTF, which from what I understand would allow us to go straight to our cabin to drop off our carry on bags. I don't want to have to carry around extra weight while exploring the ship until our cabin is ready. TIA Edited by mskbee

The search button is very useful here. You can take 12 sodas up to 20 oz), same with water and a 750ml bottle of wine per person. But it must be carried on. We use a small rolling suitcase just for this purpose so it is easier to roll it around before our cabin is ready. But really there are hundreds of posts on this subject. Some people even put a cabin tag on an unopened case and send it with their checked luggage, I have never tried this.

[quote name='hartsnvt']The search button is very useful here. You can take 12 sodas up to 20 oz), same with water and a 750ml bottle of wine per person. But it must be carried on. We use a small rolling suitcase just for this purpose so it is easier to roll it around before our cabin is ready. But really there are hundreds of posts on this subject. Some people even put a cabin tag on an unopened case and send it with their checked luggage, I have never tried this.[/quote]
Thank you! just after I posted this I found my answer. Using a rolling suitcase is a good idea. I too wondered about putting a cabin tag on the water but would like to hear from others that may have done this.

[quote name='mskbee']Thank you! just after I posted this I found my answer. Using a rolling suitcase is a good idea. I too wondered about putting a cabin tag on the water but would like to hear from others that may have done this.[/quote]

while I am sure you might hear others putting a cabin tag on it and letting it get delivered to their room, it is against the rules and there would be a chance they would hold it and either make you go to the naughty room for them to check each bottle or hold it until the end of the cruise. People have said they have seen wine and water held in the naughty room when they went there. I assume it was becasue it was carried on.

If you hear people that put a cabin tag on and you decide to do the same, you will be taking some risk.