Cape Liberty Paint Problem?

It's still a problem, even if RCCL claims it isn't. Seems like at least once a year their are threads on here complaining about it. The company put up tarps to prevent the spray but they occasionally fall and until people sail, come back to ruined cars, they complain to Royal Caribbean, Royal Caribbean calls the port authority, the port authority contacts the dry dock, and then they put the tarp back up cars continue to get ruined. They never seem to notice when they are spraying into the parking area until they are specifically notified of it. Hopefully with the parking garage being built for the new terminal this won't be a problem any more. I've only sailed out of Cape Liberty once and have never experienced the problem but I have seen the threads pop up at least once a year.

The drydock adjacent to the parking lot..

There haven't been issues in a long time, I haven't seen anyone saying that it's happened, and BTW it is not Royal's issue...and when people contacted the staff at the dry dock, and/or the parking facility, the repairs to damage were covered..

Again, the drydock is not Royal's issue...and the parking lot is an outside vendor.....and the garage will put an end to it (if that is ever done...)

Edited by megr1125

Guest maddycat
It's still a problem, even if RCCL claims it isn't. Seems like at least once a year their are threads on here complaining about it. The company put up tarps to prevent the spray but they occasionally fall and until people sail, come back to ruined cars, they complain to Royal Caribbean, Royal Caribbean calls the port authority, the port authority contacts the dry dock, and then they put the tarp back up cars continue to get ruined. They never seem to notice when they are spraying into the parking area until they are specifically notified of it. Hopefully with the parking garage being built for the new terminal this won't be a problem any more. I've only sailed out of Cape Liberty once and have never experienced the problem but I have seen the threads pop up at least once a year.

The cars weren't exactly ruined. They had a coating of paint that drifted from the drydock. It happened to one of my cars years ago. I contacted Bayonne Drydock. They told me to have my car detailed and they would reimburse me. They were very cooperative and paid promptly once I submitted my receipt. My biggest problem was finding a local shop who knew how to do the work correctly, without damaging the car's original paint job.

Where are these recent threads complaining of the paint issue? I haven't seen any in a very long time, and I am on the forum every day. I searched way back for them, but couldn't find any that were less than 3-4 years old.

You are totally wrong!

Why are you making up stories that the spray painting it is still going on? Why are you scaring people from parking at Cape Liberty? What do you have against that port?