Oasis of the Seas B2B Trip Report - 5/10/14 & 5/17/14

our date's are May 2 and 9, 2015!:)

Darn, we will have just missed you, but will be in Florida during those dates. We're spending 9 nights at WDW and 3 nights at Universal before heading down to Ft. Lauderdale to join the group we're sailing with.

Make sure to leave some White Chocolate Donuts for me! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, Mark,

Thanks for scanning all the info. Please send me a copy to Harryfat@Yahoo.com

BTW: I lived in Lodi awhile back – was there from grammar school and up to graduating from Lodi High many years ago.

I graduated from Tokay....but I'll still send you the PDF anyway. Wouldn't want you to start any "Flames". :D

Thank you for writing this amazing review! Like others have said, I read the entire review even though I'm only doing one of the two itineraries you wrote about. You have a great writing style and kept me enthralled the entire time!

Also, you and your wife sound like some of the nicest people :-) It's inspiring to think about how many relationships you were able to form with crew members when some people simply walk past them and forget they are actually human beings with their own thoughts and feelings. I'm going to do my best to follow in your footsteps and make an effort at being extra kind and caring to every crew member I meet!

I've emailed you directly with a request for the PDF. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures that go along with your review!

Thank you for writing this amazing review! Like others have said, I read the entire review even though I'm only doing one of the two itineraries you wrote about. You have a great writing style and kept me enthralled the entire time!

Also, you and your wife sound like some of the nicest people :-) It's inspiring to think about how many relationships you were able to form with crew members when some people simply walk past them and forget they are actually human beings with their own thoughts and feelings. I'm going to do my best to follow in your footsteps and make an effort at being extra kind and caring to every crew member I meet!

I've emailed you directly with a request for the PDF. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures that go along with your review!

Beth, thank you so much for the kind words! I'm blushing. :) And we absolutely agree about how everyone should treat the crew members on board every ship. You'd be surprised how much you get back for such a small investment.

Take care.

Great review, I was a little late finding it ! You have a great writing style made me laugh out loud a few times. We go on our first cruise next May in the much smaller Splendour OTS and will take your great attitude towards the crew with us.

Great review, I was a little late finding it ! You have a great writing style made me laugh out loud a few times. We go on our first cruise next May in the much smaller Splendour OTS and will take your great attitude towards the crew with us.

Thank you! I know you'll have a wonderful time. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What a great review marklodi! I loved all the detail. My husband and I are planning a trip to Universal before our May 9th sailing on Oasis. If you don't mind my asking, How have you decided to get from Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale? We are trying to decide which would be least expensive, taxi, car rental, or a shuttle of some kind.

What a great review marklodi! I loved all the detail. My husband and I are planning a trip to Universal before our May 9th sailing on Oasis. If you don't mind my asking, How have you decided to get from Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale? We are trying to decide which would be least expensive, taxi, car rental, or a shuttle of some kind.

Hi!

We're lucky in that we are staying at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal for 3 days (after 8 days at WDW) just prior to the cruise, and the Hard Rock has a Hertz desk in the lobby. So about 90 days out, we'll be reserving a car (thanks to the great AAA rates they have with Hertz) and the car will be ready at the Hard Rock the day we check out. We simply pack up the rental, drive to our hotel Friday night in Ft. Lauderdale, check-in and unload, then I'll drive it over to the port's Hertz location to drop off. What I haven't determined yet is if they can shuttle me back to our hotel or if I have to take a taxi back. Another option is to see if our rate would allow us to keep it overnight (vs same day) and then drive over to the port in the morning - again not sure how they get you from the rental car drop off to the ship, but we'll see. We may even do a van so some of our friends can drive with us in the morning to the port - all options I'll go over and figure out in the next month or so. :)

This was an absolutely amazing review! My daughters (13 & 18) and I are sailing on the Oasis on March 28th! We received so much information and entertainment from you. You and your wife are wonderful people. We would very much like your pdf. Could you send it to mandrtransport@centurylink.net? Thank you!

Aw. Thank you so much for the kind words! I'll send that link to you in just a few minutes. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! Of course you can still get the PDF. I have sent out emails to all who just requested on how to download it. As always, I just ask you to email me after you read it with any comments or questions.

And everyone can expect a brand new version in a few months when we return from our May return to the Oasis, this time after a week in WDW, 3 days at Universal and a cruise with some of our best friends on the Oasis, all with our 23 year old son along for the ride (though in his own cabin - a first for him. :)