Oasis of the Seas B2B Trip Report - 5/10/14 & 5/17/14

Thank you so much for your trip report. We will be on the oasis for the first time November 1st. I loved hearing all the details of your trip and you answered so many questions I had. I was wondering about the dry docking too.... Any truth to the rumor of margaritaville coming?

Also, do you remember the cost of the build a bear place? I think my kids would enjoy that.

Also, how did you get the credit for the birthday dinner? Is that bc you had let them know you were celebrating?

Also, the valet luggage service, is it $20 a person or a bag? I can't find any clear info on that.

Thanks so much. Would you mind sending me the PDF? Jillie731@msn.com

Thank you so much, this is our first cruise so I have so many questions!

Hi all! Thank you so much for the kind words about the report. For those asking for the PDF version, I will be emailing links to download it in just a few minutes.

Thank you so much for your trip report. We will be on the oasis for the first time November 1st. I loved hearing all the details of your trip and you answered so many questions I had. I was wondering about the dry docking too.... Any truth to the rumor of margaritaville coming?

Also, do you remember the cost of the build a bear place? I think my kids would enjoy that.

Also, how did you get the credit for the birthday dinner? Is that bc you had let them know you were celebrating?

Also, the valet luggage service, is it $20 a person or a bag? I can't find any clear info on that.

Thanks so much. Would you mind sending me the PDF? Jillie731@msn.com

Thank you so much, this is our first cruise so I have so many questions!

Hi Jillie (I hope I have your name right. :) ) - I'll do my best with your questions.

Margaritaville - as far as I know, still just a rumor. We'll know for sure after the refurb in just a month or so.

Pets At Sea - Good question. I do not recall exactly the price, but I think it was $20-ish for the base pet, and then you pay for the add ons (the costumes, voice box, etc.)

Birthday dinner credit - it was a message on the TV, and I just went down an mentioned it to get the credit. So yes, our agent did list both DW's birthday and our anniversary on our reservations.

Luggage Valet - the $20 is per person, and if you have any baggage fees from your airline, those are also charged. For example, for luggage valet for the two of us, including 3 checked bags (United - first bag $25, second bag $35 per person) - that's 40 for the valet service, and 85 for the baggage fees, so RCI charged us a total of $125.

Any other questions, just ask! :)

If we are a party of six, will we have our own table at dinner?

Also, anyone recommend a taxi service from hotel (cambria suites) to the port and approximate costs?

Thank you!

Jill:)

If you are in My Time Dining, you can ask to have a table alone when you report to the My Time podium.

If you are in traditional dining, you may or may not have a table to yourselves. You can try making a table request at rcldining@rccl.com.

If we are a party of six, will we have our own table at dinner?

Also, anyone recommend a taxi service from hotel (cambria suites) to the port and approximate costs?

Thank you!

Jill:)

Hi Jill,

You can request a table for 6 at the email address Bob posted up above. Then when you board, look at your "boarding day compass" for when the Dining Room is open to review your table assignment. Have all 6 of your party together to make it easier (you'll know if you all got the same table by looking at your Sail & Sign Card.) Then just ask the maitre-de to reseat you if possible. Getting there early will increase your options.

As for a taxi, we used Yellow Cab by going on their website and making a reservation a couple days before we left. They will text you with updates when they are about to arrive and were very reasonable - for us, going from Hyatt Place on 17th to port was about $20 including tip. Great service and only about 10 minutes or so. (I'm basing this off my memory right now - I believe I have more details in this trip report for boarding day.)

Have fun!

EDIT: I just can't type fast enough to beat Bob's replies! Aargh! ;)

Edited by marklodi

Lol... You are all so great! And quick! Will I need two cabs for 6 people or do they have vans?

They should have vans. But you'll want to call to be sure (remember you have 6 people PLUS all the luggage). I can only speak from our experience of just two people.

They should have vans. But you'll want to call to be sure (remember you have 6 people PLUS all the luggage). I can only speak from our experience of just two people.

I called and no vans :( bummer.

Would you mind giving me the exact yellow cab number you used, if you know it? There were several listed when I searched and not sure if they are all different.

i called and no vans :( bummer.

Would you mind giving me the exact yellow cab number you used, if you know it? There were several listed when i searched and not sure if they are all different.

954-777-7777

I very much enjoyed reading the PDF version of the trip report. So well done, comprehensive and many tips to enjoy a cruise aboard the Oasis. We cannot wait until our cruise on Oasis in October. Thanks Mark for all your work on this.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. You will have a fantastic time in October. :)