Fellow cruisers - Need your help!

LCTXcruiser

Hi everyone! I'm stumped and I need your help!

I was searching the carnival site and found a great deal on a cruise. Heading out on August 17th (right before school starts) for 389 pp for interior (7 day).

I thought, Great!. Usually when you add the 3rd person in, it goes even a few dollars lower, but that isn't the case. In fact, when I select it at 389 pp for 2 travelers, it goes up to 459. For 3, $569.

This just doesn't make sense???? So, I called Carnival, and they couldn't see the same rate I showed on my side - so I asked them if they had an email address and I'd send them a screen shot or a weblink. Sorry - we don't have email. Really????? Come on now.

At this point I'm determined to book this cruise for the price listed (just because this is so irritating :) ). Does anyone have someone that I can email or call?

Any help you all could give would be greatly appreciated.

PS - Just to alleviate questions, yes I did give my vifp number and the state residency to the person on the phone. Thanks!

I was searching the carnival site and found a great deal on a cruise. Heading out on August 17th (right before school starts) for 389 pp for interior (7 day).

I thought, Great!. Usually when you add the 3rd person in, it goes even a few dollars lower, but that isn't the case. In fact, when I select it at 389 pp for 2 travelers, it goes up to 459. For 3, $569.

This just doesn't make sense???? So, I called Carnival, and they couldn't see the same rate I showed on my side - so I asked them if they had an email address and I'd send them a screen shot or a weblink. Sorry - we don't have email. Really????? Come on now.

At this point I'm determined to book this cruise for the price listed (just because this is so irritating :) ). Does anyone have someone that I can email or call?

PS - Just to alleviate questions, yes I did give my vifp number and the state residency to the person on the phone. Thanks!

Which ship?

August 17 Carnival Magic shows me $539 for an inside guarantee based on double occupancy under the Sea, Sun, Fun sale. $1249.58 with taxes and port charges for 2 people. That's the cheapest fare I see. And it is offered with a reduced $50 per person deposit.

$579 comes up as the cheapest fare based on triple occupancy for a guarantee, so it is higher. And the higher price is likely due to availability of cabin categories that will hold 3 people in a cabin. Like the difference between an upper/lower 1A and a standard 4A inside.

On the Carnival site, it averages out the rate for 2 people, 3 people, 4 people, etc. Only once you have committed and booked the cruise will it break down the price per person correctly.

I do not see the same pricing as you, but as Canadians that is usually the case.

You have two options...complete the booking and then see the cost breakdown per person, or call Carnival, have them do the booking and provide you with the breakdown per person.

Your tax rate remains at $85.79 per person irregardless of how many people you choose to book.

Best of Luck...