Sign and Sale card in Grand Turk

Sorry if this question has already been asked but does anyone know if we can use our sign and sale card at Margaritaville in Grand Turk? I was just wondering when ordering food and drinks at the cabana if we can use it there or should we bring cash?

On our last stop there we had to loan a couple we'd met on the cruise money to pay for the drinks they had ordered at Margaritaville. He went back to the ship and returned with cash.

Bottom Line: No, you can't use your cruise card for purchases in Grand Turk.

LuLu

Just a side note about Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville. If later on after leaving, you think to yourself "I wish I had bought ________ while I was there.", don't worry. Many of the items (t-shirts, hats, etc.) can be purchased on line through the Margaritaville website. That's how I got a "License to Chill" hat. :)

Thank you, I just needed to double check, we've never done the cabana thing there before so I wasn't sure about paying for food and such. Thanks for the info. :)

FYI - When you check in and pick out your cabana, they will ask you for your sail & sign card, which they will then hold hostage until you pay your final bill with either cash or a credit card. This is their way of ensuring that you don't skip out on the bill.

Actually its owned by a franchise holder. They just license the name. The same franchise holder also owns the locations in Grand Cayman and Jamaica.

I was in Hollywood Beach, Florida last weekend and saw they are building a Margaritaville Hotel and Resort there. Same franchise?

I think the hotels/resorts are a different franchise.

Different franchise holder.

Actually Buffet Holdings just sold all of the US Margaritaville locations to a South American based restaurant company, he they don't own any of the cafe operations anymore. The new company wants to grow the brand in the US and also of course in South America.

To get a good flavor of the island, you might want to also take a 10 minute walk down the beach, left off the ship, to Jack's Shack. Great jerk chicken and fun to watch his dog Topher do his thing.

Margaritaville is nice, but they're basically everywhere and somewhat touristy. I am a Parrothead, but still prefer Jack's Shack while in GT.

No, as PPs have said, you cannot pay with your Sail & Sign. But, do yourself a BIG favor and eat before you get off the boat! That was our plan, but after a big breakfast, we decided that we would get off the boat before lunch and maybe just grab a little snack somewhere.

However, after 20 minutes of snorkelling my DH decided he was starving. (sigh) We did Margaritaville, and a plate of nachos, 4 local beers (2 with souvenir glasses), a bottle of water, and a kids quesadilla cost us $87 with tax and tip! I'm still banging my head over not making my DH eat a Guy's burger before getting off the boat!

Edited by cbsmama

I believe someone asked if it is $129 per person or per group. I just booked a cabana and I was charged $129 per person (myself and my husband). Total of over $200 is a little pricey especially when they don't even include any drinks or food. We have been thinking about canceling since our ship arrives at 7am and leaves at 2pm. We will not be up and about that early. Probably won't get off the ship until after 9am. So over $200 is a bit much for just 4.5-5 hours.

Elaine

I believe someone asked if it is $129 per person or per group. I just booked a cabana and I was charged $129 per person (myself and my husband). Total of over $200 is a little pricey especially when they don't even include any drinks or food. We have been thinking about canceling since our ship arrives at 7am and leaves at 2pm. We will not be up and about that early. Probably won't get off the ship until after 9am. So over $200 is a bit much for just 4.5-5 hours.

Elaine

It is NOT $129 per person. Please call Carnival and get it straightened out. I have had cabanas there 5 times, and have a cabana booked for our upcoming Liberty cruise. $129.95 period!!!

Excursion Description

Relax in the shade and comfort of your own private, air-conditioned poolside cabana at Grand Turk's Cruise Center.

On this excursion you will:

Stroll a short distance from your ship to Grand Turk’s Cruise Center (adjacent to Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville Restaurant and Bar).

Take in the beautiful view of the magnificent swimming pool, as you relax in comfort in your cabana, complete with an outdoor shower and private deck with sun loungers and private waiter service.

Note: The cabana can accommodate up to four guests. The cabana rental rate is per cabana. Only one guest need purchase the reservation for the group (maximum 4 guests). Guests must be able to climb three steps to access cabanas.

Edited by Jamman54

Elaine

Sounds like you ordered 2 cabanas??? If you booked "2" then you need to cancel at least 1. The price is $129 for up to 4 people:

http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/440035

Note: The cabana can accommodate up to four guests. The cabana rental rate is per cabana. Only one guest need purchase the reservation for the group (maximum 4 guests).

We usually split our day between Margaritaville and Jack's Shack.:D:D

We spend a couple of hours at the pool and FlowRider at Margaritaville and then head down to Jack's to see Topher and eat the most AMAZING jerk chicken in the WORLD:D:D

Will be back there in 40 days. But who's counting?:o