Which airport after Galveston cruise

MikeBert

We are looking at taking a repositioning cruise that ends in Galveston on a Saturday. My question is which airport is the best to fly out of or doesn't it matter? We are able to get direct flights out of George Bush Intercontinental but not out of Hobby. I know Hobby is closer but the direct flight is a real plus.

What time would you say, since I have never flown out of either, would be a good time to book a flight out of either to allow plenty of time to get there?

Also does anyone have a suggestion of the best company to use for transporting to both of the airports.

Looking forward to any suggestions you might have to help us out. Hopefully some of you have flown out of both and will be able to help me out.

Thanks

It's a good idea to allow extra time for processing after a transatlantic cruise. Usually there are Coast Guard inspections, USPH inspections, and every crew member has to go through CBP. All this causes the disembarkation process to take longer.

Edited by clarea

Usually best to book flight for 100pm or after. Unless the ship stops in another us port before galveston, Customs and Immigration will take a little longer. The ships transfers are best unless you are taking your luggage off express. Being a TA you will probably have more luggage.