Opinions on chartering a Catamaran

peg013

Have you researched chartering catamarans? Which do you plan to charter? I can't decide. I've contacted:

Jessie James Cruises (which is a pontoon boat that we have chartered 2 times in the past and it was great but there is now a new owner so I'm not sure if she is as good)

Bermuda Wind Sail Charters (Spirit of the Wind - 51' Morgan Yacht) with Captain Mike or Captain Melissa

Sail Bermuda (Shekynah - 51' Morgan ketch rig) with Captain Zuill

Coral Reed Adventures (just says a catamaran) This is who the ship (Norwegian Breakaway) uses and it is the same price whether you book with the ship or privately.

I really do not want to share a full boat so I want to charter privately. There are 7 of us just in our group and others from our cruise are interested also. If you have chartered any of these or have any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Edited by peg013

Have you researched chartering catamarans? Which do you plan to charter? I can't decide. I've contacted:

Jessie James Cruises (which is a pontoon boat that we have chartered 2 times in the past and it was great but there is now a new owner so I'm not sure if she is as good)

Bermuda Wind Sail Charters (Spirit of the Wind - 51' Morgan Yacht) with Captain Mike or Captain Melissa

Sail Bermuda (Shekynah - 51' Morgan ketch rig) with Captain Zuill

Coral Reed Adventures (just says a catamaran) This is who the ship (Norwegian Breakaway) uses and it is the same price whether you book with the ship or privately.

I really do not want to share a full boat so I want to charter privately. There are 7 of us just in our group and others from our cruise are interested also. If you have chartered any of these or have any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

We have booked a charter on the Sail Bermuda Shekynah - Caleb Zuill captain. His email responses have been quick and complete - friendly as well. Our charter isn't until August so no comments about the experience. TripAdvisor has him rated very highly. Hope that helps some.

We have booked a charter on the Sail Bermuda Shekynah - Caleb Zuill captain. His email responses have been quick and complete - friendly as well. Our charter isn't until August so no comments about the experience. TripAdvisor has him rated very highly. Hope that helps some.

I was also impressed that Captain Zuill was the first to answer my email and also the one that answered all my questions.

Are you having him pick you up at the dockyard for the extra $50 or taking the ferry to Hamilton to meet him? Please come back after your cruise to let me know what you thought of your charter. :)

I was also impressed that Captain Zuill was the first to answer my email and also the one that answered all my questions.

Are you having him pick you up at the dockyard for the extra $50 or taking the ferry to Hamilton to meet him? Please come back after your cruise to let me know what you thought of your charter. :)

We will pay the $50 and he will pick us up at the Dockyard. Just easier and by the time I get 5 of us to Hamilton on the ferry, it doesn't cost that much more. I will for sure post a review - probably on TripAdvisor.

We will pay the $50 and he will pick us up at the Dockyard. Just easier and by the time I get 5 of us to Hamilton on the ferry, it doesn't cost that much more. I will for sure post a review - probably on TripAdvisor.

I'm pretty sure if we choose him we will have him pick us up at the Dockyard too. The only thing he didn't tell us is what time his charters begin. I'm sure he would be flexible but that is the only question he missed answering.

Bermuda Wind Sail Charters' regular pick up is at the Dockyard and their times are usually 10AM or 1:30PM. I really wish I could decide! :D

Still looking for any/all suggestions! :cool:

I'm pretty sure if we choose him we will have him pick us up at the Dockyard too. The only thing he didn't tell us is what time his charters begin. I'm sure he would be flexible but that is the only question he missed answering.

Bermuda Wind Sail Charters' regular pick up is at the Dockyard and their times are usually 10AM or 1:30PM. I really wish I could decide! :D

Still looking for any/all suggestions! :cool:

Sail Bermuda's captain Caleb suggested that a 10:00am would be the best time for pick up but left the door open for me to specify our preferred time. We picked 10am. He also advised re: meeting the boat in the Dockyard as follows:

"We will be docked right near your ship and you'll just look for a yacht

that says http://www.sailbermuda.com in huge white letters on the mainsail boom.

Honestly we can't miss each other!"

Sail Bermuda's captain Caleb suggested that a 10:00am would be the best time for pick up but left the door open for me to specify our preferred time. We picked 10am. He also advised re: meeting the boat in the Dockyard as follows:

"We will be docked right near your ship and you'll just look for a yacht

that says http://www.sailbermuda.com in huge white letters on the mainsail boom.

Honestly we can't miss each other!"

I'm sure they will pick up at the same place as Jessie James did and it is much closer to the ship than even the ferries are. You truly cannot miss it. It is near the center of the top of the "T" that forms Heritage Wharf and Kings Wharf....the BA docks on the left side of the top of the "T" when standing on the road leading from the ships but turned around facing the ships.