Free Laundry Service- Good or Bad?

HawkIVette

We've never had a problem. Clothes come back neatly folded. We send out our T-shirts, jeans, Dockers, DH's Hawaiian shirts, socks and underwear.

There are a few precautions---

-Send only sturdy clothes that have been washed before.

-Nothing delicate or requires special handling.

-Nothing that will bleed (red).

-Know that clothes will be washed on hot and dried hot.

-Your clothes will be put into a mesh bag and washed with other mesh bags.

-If rolled and shoved into corners, the paper bag holds a lot of clothes. Two Dockers, 4-5 shirts, underwear. About two-three days worth of clothes.

-We take a picture of everything that is sent out. Sis once had an issue with a missing shirt, it was found that day.

Tell me about the service you get as Platinum and higher. Good service, same day? Clothes come out clean? Properly folded or just so so? Too much starch? Do you send everything out or just certain items?

Thanks

We send out Larrys under things & PJ'S. I find the detergent is way to strong for my skin. Good service most is next day as I don't get them ready for pick up until around noon. Back the next day at noon. Very clean but white isn't WHITE after being sent out a couple times. Always folded neatly.

I do all the other things myself at the self serve laundry.

From a picky laundry person (who irons most clothes - lol):

The service is good, especially because we don't have to pack as much. I also like not bringing home suitcases full of dirty clothes! Confession - I do again wash many of the laundered items after we return home, because I

like them softer and like the smell of Downy softener. They use an unscented detergent, and I understand why they do.

Very good.

We traveled with my daughter's family in March. A three year old grandchild was with us. My DH and I are both Platinum and have never had laundry done. But we kept the baby a lot and needed two bags done. One for him and one for me +with things for the baby + articles of ours.

The steward took the bags after I had counted the items and filled out the forms. The next night while we were at dinner, they were placed in our cabin. Clean. Folded. Excellent job.

We were very impressed. Little kids can go through a lot of clothes. It was a big help. And nice to have some of ours done too. We might take advantage of it again. We appreciated it , too.

Edited by AmberTeka

We take a picture of everything that is sent out. Sis once had an issue with a missing shirt, it was found that day.

This is sis. Shirt wasn't lost. When 2 laundry room attendants were folding our clothes and someone else's next to each other, 2 very similar shirts (same color, similar collar) almost got switched. A laundry room attendant and our room steward came to the cabin and explained the situation and showed us both shirts. We took our shirt and thanked them.

FYI - Picture is deleted after we get our clothes back.

We use the same clothes for all our cruises (just returned from number 54), so they are well-travelled.

The first time we used the complimentary laundry, it was more like wash and cram than wash and fold. Since that time, I send one bag with my clothes and one with husbands. I ask that our cargo and shirts be returned on a hanger. that's hit and miss.

Have had underwear for both of us returned with small holes, but that's no big deal. Not good underwear anyway. threw them away once home.

whites tend to become "dingy" on longer cruises. I always bleach them when we return home.

the complimentary laundry does not compare with other CCL corporation ships. Princess and Holland are much better. However, all in all, it's OK.

I make a list of the items sent so I can compare with the returned items.

One of my comments each cruise on Carnival is that they add regular laundry as a perk for Diamond. Although I am not Diamond (almost), it would be something to add that would not cost the cruise line anything.

Shirley

DW and I have used each cruise since we became Platinum. Never had any issues and received clothes back same day, neatly folded.

We tell our cabin steward in the morning we have laundry and generally get it back same day.

Would not send anything expensive or delicate but for my clothes has been awesome and allows us to take one large suitcase for a week.

Used it several times but only tee shirts, men's underwear,jeans, socks. All get washed together in same mesh bags comes back folded but greyish tone, feeling rough dry. generally don't use service. Bob

From a picky laundry person (who irons most clothes - lol):

The service is good, especially because we don't have to pack as much. I also like not bringing home suitcases full of dirty clothes! Confession - I do again wash many of the laundered items after we return home, because I

like them softer and like the smell of Downy softener. They use an unscented detergent, and I understand why they do.

It appears you wrote my response for me:D.

Dh loves this perks now we are Platinum and insists that we use it. I did it the first time very very skeptically, since I am a very picky laundry person, but everything came back folded and in extra bags since Dh crammed all his stuff into one bag. I was impressed that it came back so nice, but I do rewash almost all of them once I'm home since I love my Downy;).

Tell me about the service you get as Platinum and higher. Good service, same day? Clothes come out clean? Properly folded or just so so? Too much starch? Do you send everything out or just certain items?

Thanks

If you want it back the same day, be sure and get it to your cabin steward early in the day. Don't expect any starch in the free Platinum laundry service because it is only wash and fold service. No ironing and no starch. Don't send anything delicate or that you couldn't live without because it's going into a bag into a large wash with lots of other laundry and shrinkage and damage is possible.

It's more for everyday undergarments, shorts, tanks, tees, etc. It won't smell like Tide and Downy, but the clothes should come back clean.

It appears you wrote my response for me:D.

Dh loves this perks now we are Platinum and insists that we use it. I did it the first time very very skeptically, since I am a very picky laundry person, but everything came back folded and in extra bags since Dh crammed all his stuff into one bag. I was impressed that it came back so nice, but I do rewash almost all of them once I'm home since I love my Downy;).

Mcjigs - There would be no way to iron anything after their laundry service-clothes are stiff - lol! But I still appreciate the perk.

We've used it and liked it. DH isn't picky about how his clothes are washed and it came in handy for our three year old who was going through clothes pretty fast. Also comes in handy if something is stained and you want to wash it sooner than later at home. We usually had ours back same day and everything was neatly folded.