Behind the scenes tour on Solstice

Team Alpha

Hello All, can anyone tell me if there's a behind the scenes tour or similar on Solstice. If so at what price, where do you get to go eg. Bridge, engineering, crew areas etc. and any other benefits eg. photo's included etc.

And could such a tour be organised for the CC roll call group (for those interested) once on board - maybe at the meet and mingle put on by Celebrity?

Thanks

We did a behind the scenes tour on Solstice last October. It was one of the highlights of the trip. I can't recall the cost - (maybe $150 each?) but absolutely worth it.

We booked on board the day we embarked. There were two tours on our cruise. Numbers were strictly limited given the areas of the ship we were visiting, so I don't think that this would work for a roll call group. Cameras were not permitted in some areas for security reasons.

We started on the bridge with a lengthy briefing form the captain. He was amazingly generous with his time. From there we worked our way down - crew areas ( not cabins ), backstage in the theatre, anchor / ropes zone, cool rooms ( amazing), engine control room, kitchens and on and on it went. So much to see. And so much interesting information.

If you think everything runs smoothly upstairs, it' s the same below. Systems and schedules for everything. Spotlessly clean and so well organised.

We finished with a lunch at the Tuscan Grill. Each table had a senior crew member seated with them and they were more than happy to answer our questions. It was a great day.

There are also behind the scenes tours of the kitchen area. I think these were free.

I was signed up for it on Infinity but it was cancelled due to code red . They allow only still photography on the bridge and in the Engine Control Room. If the tour is cancelled the Captain may invite everyone to take a complimentery bridge tour.

Anyone know if this tour is offered on Summit? I am fascinated by behind the scenes engineering, etc, and would love a tour like this. The galley one is interesting, but not as much as something that included engineering and such. For reference, on my last cruise on RCCL, DH & I found a spot where we could observe the bridge and that's where we watched every docking and undocking from. :)