Travelanni can you confirm?

Hi Travelanni,

First of all I want to thank you for all your wonderful information! I have been on your website and looked at other sites and have come up with a plan for our day in Warnemunde on June 19th. I am just hoping that you can confirm that I have planned everything correctly. Our ship will be docked from 7-9:30.

Be at the Warnemunde train station by 8:15. Go to the ticket office and buy Lander pass for approx. 26 euros and 2 single tickets to Rostock. Catch train to Rostock, follow your directions and catch 9:07 train to Schwerin arriving at Hbf at 10:03. Follow your directions and see castle and marketplace etc.

Catch the 1:46 train from Schwerin to Wismar and arrive at 2:21. It also showed me a train leaving at 1:53 arriving at the same time. Have lunch at the Brewery and look around Wismar.

Catch the train from Wismar to Rostock at 4:42 and arrive in Rostock at 5:51

Buy single tickets back to Warnemunde and should be back in Warnemunde by 6:30 giving us 2 hours to look around.

My few questions are: Can we buy return single tickets for Warnemunde to Rostock and Rostock to Warnemunde? Do I have to validate the single tickets and the Lander ticket in the orange boxes? Is the Station for Wismar just called Wismar?

Thank you so much!

Trish

Hi Travelanni,

First of all I want to thank you for all your wonderful information! I have been on your website and looked at other sites and have come up with a plan for our day in Warnemunde on June 19th. I am just hoping that you can confirm that I have planned everything correctly. Our ship will be docked from 7-9:30.

Be at the Warnemunde train station by 8:15. Go to the ticket office and buy Lander pass for approx. 26 euros and 2 single tickets to Rostock. Catch train to Rostock, follow your directions and catch 9:07 train to Schwerin arriving at Hbf at 10:03. Follow your directions and see castle and marketplace etc.

Catch the 1:46 train from Schwerin to Wismar and arrive at 2:21. It also showed me a train leaving at 1:53 arriving at the same time. Have lunch at the Brewery and look around Wismar.

Catch the train from Wismar to Rostock at 4:42 and arrive in Rostock at 5:51

Buy single tickets back to Warnemunde and should be back in Warnemunde by 6:30 giving us 2 hours to look around.

My few questions are: Can we buy return single tickets for Warnemunde to Rostock and Rostock to Warnemunde? Do I have to validate the single tickets and the Lander ticket in the orange boxes? Is the Station for Wismar just called Wismar?

Thank you so much!

Trish

Hi Trish, thank you for your appreciation, glad to be able to help.

A good plan but just a couple of points:-

It would be advisable to be at the station as early as possible. You really need to aim for the 8:18 s-bahn to Rostock with the 8:33 as plan B. Buying the tickets will take time especially if there is a queue. If you miss the 8:33 it is impossible to catch the 9:07 to Schwerin. You could buy the Lander ticket on-line but the single tickets have to come from a machine or the ticket office.

The 1:46 train from Schwerin is the through train to Wismar but it waits about seven minutes in the station at Bad Kleinen. The 1:53 is the Schwerin to Rostock train so you must change trains in Bad Kleinen but as you only have 3mins you have to be quick and it can be a bit tricky if you are not familiar with the station layout. From there it is the same train. I would opt for the through train at 1:46.

To answer your questions:-

You do not need a separate ticket to return from Rostock to Warnemünde as the Lander ticket covers all travel after 9:00 but in any case only singles are available on the s-bahn.

You only need validate the single tickets as the Lander ticket is already dated.

The station appears in the timetable as Wismar (Meckl) Bahnhof or simply Wismar, there is only one station.

Happy cruising :)

Anni

www.travelanni.webs.com

Edited by Travelanni

Thank you so much Anni! I knew you'd come through! I am not going to buy the Lander on line just in case something happens and we can't go. So I will buy it at the Warnemunde ticket office. I will make sure that we are at the office early enough to catch the 8:18 train to Rostock. So perhaps at 7:30 or 7:45. Thanks for the info about not needing to buy the single tickets back to Warnemunde. I am hoping for a wonderful day and think it will be thanks to your help! I will let everyone know how the adventure turned out once we are back.

Trish