Jet Skis on Coki Beach

Rufus1129

Hello... does anyone have experience with renting jet skis on Coki Beach? I have read that there is a place to rent them across the street, but I was just wanting some specific information (maybe the name of the place, cost, etc) and I haven't been able to find anything online.

Has anyone done this? Also, the beach looks a little crowded. I was wondering where we would be riding them since it obviously can't be right around where all those people are snorkeling and playing in the water.

Thanks so much for all your help! We leave in 9 days and are very excited. It's our first cruise! :)

Donna

Coki Beach is on a narrow point. The beach is on the left side of the point, and on the other side of the point (the point is only a few feet wide) is where the jet skis depart. That's why you don't see them in any of the pictures.

The guy who runs the concession doesn't really advertise, since he's the only one so he stays pretty busy. The cost is approximately $70 for 1/2 ride for 2 people. Around $60 for just one.

You will enjoy Coki Donna, it does get busy but it is a beautiful beach.

I believe you said you're also stopping at Tortola? The beaches of Tortola (specifically Smuggler's Cove and both Long Bays) are gorgeous if that's what you have in mind, and a tour of the island is also great with the amazing views from the hilltops. And the Baths on Virgin Gorda are very unique if you're interested in going there.

Enjoy your first cruise Donna!!!

Coki Beach is on a narrow point. The beach is on the left side of the point, and on the other side of the point (the point is only a few feet wide) is where the jet skis depart. That's why you don't see them in any of the pictures.

The guy who runs the concession doesn't really advertise, since he's the only one so he stays pretty busy. The cost is approximately $70 for 1/2 ride for 2 people. Around $60 for just one.

Thank you, this is great information! It makes me wonder if we need reservations ahead of time. I guess we just need to get there early and sign up and hope he has a spot open!

Thanks again! :)

No reservations needed (no way to make them anyway since I don't think he has a contact number.)

The worst that can happen is you might have to wait for a jet ski. When I went a few years ago, there were a few of us waiting for an available jet ski, but because most people don't ride for longer than 30 minutes, the wait isn't long.

I don't think he had a large supply of skis, so I don't think he can accommodate a large group of riders at one time. But, things may have changed since then.

He or somebody has been offering jet skis at Coki for years.

• 4 weeks later...

We booked the Jet Skis at Coki Beach (actually across the road) when we were in St. Thomas several months ago. We booked ahead of time for the Jet Ski & Snorkel Safari through Island Marketing, LTD through their website. The cost was $155 for a single rider & $135 each for a double rider. This was for a 1.5 hour guided tour with owner Jeff & guide Scooby. They require a 25% deposit per credit card when making reservations and prefer the balance in cash at the time of excursion. This Jet Ski tour crosses open water and is VERY exhilarating!! You are responsible for the cost of the taxi ride of approx. $10 each from the cruise ship dock to Coki Beach. The day our ship was in port, it was extremely crowded and took about 50 minutes to get there. Since we running late, we called and Jeff told us not to worry they would wait for us. They had scheduled tours at 1000; 1200; and 1400. All the Jet Skis were booked and walk-ups were turned away so I would suggest making reservations ahead of time if it is something you really want to do.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks sun cruiser. That's very pricey as compared to longer tours we've taken in Bermuda, Grand Cayman, and Playa Del Carmen. I'm curious what the prices are at Sapphire Marina and Bolongo. Of course going through IM is more costly, but as you said without that you wouldn't have had the opportunity.

The jet ski operator I mentioned wasn't doing guided tours. You rent by the half hour and go off on your own. No snorkeling during the rental period, and the fee is approximately $55 for single and $65 for double.

Not sure if Island Marketing is using the same operator or if it's somebody else.

Bolongo and Marriott's Frenchman's Reef also offer guided jet ski tours for about the same price as Island Marketing.

You should also be able to rent jet skis near Emerald Beach.