GLASGOW- Discover Scotland Tours

I am trying to book all my excursions for my upcoming British Island Cruise.

There is only one that needs payment up front without even an email address....

Discover Scotland Tours- Does anyone have any reviews of this company??

I would really appreciate the feedback..

We are looking at the Highland Lochs, Glens & Castles

Shore Excursion.

Thank you in advance,:)

I am trying to book all my excursions for my upcoming British Island Cruise.

There is only one that needs payment up front without even an email address....

Discover Scotland Tours- Does anyone have any reviews of this company??

I would really appreciate the feedback..

We are looking at the Highland Lochs, Glens & Castles

Shore Excursion.

Thank you in advance,:)

We used them this past August and were very pleased. Well worth the money. Here is a link of other opinions of the company. You won't be disappointed!;)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g186534-d1954191-Reviews-Discover_Scotland_Day_Tours-Glasgow_Scotland.html

Cole

We used them this past August and were very pleased. Well worth the money. Here is a link of other opinions of the company. You won't be disappointed!;)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g186534-d1954191-Reviews-Discover_Scotland_Day_Tours-Glasgow_Scotland.html

Cole

Thank you Cole,

Do you remember what time you returned to the Ship? The sight gives the departure time but not the return time. Also- do you remember how many people they had booked on one tour?

We used them a couple of weeks ago. Helen was our driver/guide and she was fantastic. They are very conscientious about getting you back at least 60 minutes prior to all aboard. They are very aware of the departure time of the ship and we got back 90 minutes prior.

They use new Mercedes buses that appeared to hold about 16 people. Our tour had 11.

I would use them again in a heartbeat and would recommend them without hesitation.

We used them a couple of weeks ago. Helen was our driver/guide and she was fantastic. They are very conscientious about getting you back at least 60 minutes prior to all aboard. They are very aware of the departure time of the ship and we got back 90 minutes prior.

They use new Mercedes buses that appeared to hold about 16 people. Our tour had 11.

I would use them again in a heartbeat and would recommend them without hesitation.

Thank you! Which tour did you do?

We were also in a new Mercedes and I believe there were 16 people, but it was very comfortable. Since we had a couple of golfers in our group, our guide took us to the golf course where the last European PGA had been played. Even those who were not golfers, enjoyed that added stop.

Cole

PS: We did the Loch Ness tour and Inverngordon (hope I spelled it right) Castle, where one of the scenes from Downton Abby was shot.

We were also in a new Mercedes and I believe there were 16 people, but it was very comfortable. Since we had a couple of golfers in our group, our guide took us to the golf course where the last European PGA had been played. Even those who were not golfers, enjoyed that added stop.

Cole

PS: We did the Loch Ness tour and Inverngordon (hope I spelled it right) Castle, where one of the scenes from Downton Abby was shot.

I think it was Inveraray Castle which was used for Downton Castle

We did the same excursion you're looking at. They have another excursion that goes to Stirling Castle and it was hard to choose. If you are really interested in castles then you might want to go on the Stirling Castle tour. Inverary Castle had lovely gardens but it really is just a fancy French chateau.

If you go to Luss on Loch Lomond then try to go into the little gift shop by the pier. Talking with the shopkeeper is an adventure in itself. Very thick Scottish brogue. It was something to remember...a great memory. And he served warm shortbread which was wonderful!

I think it was Inveraray Castle which was used for Downton Castle

You are correct! I have slept since then. :eek:Thanks for clearing that up. Anyway - the tour was great and would do it again without thinking twice.;)

Cole

My husband and I used Discover Scotland 2 weeks ago with other members of our Roll Call. Garry was our tour guide and he was fantastic! He really knew his history and could answer about 99% of questions asked. He also explained what various Scottish words meant. Very entertaining. I would rate it as one of our top excursions on our British Isles cruise.

• 5 months later...
Can't decide between an afternoon tour of Stirling Castle or an 8 hour tour going to Loch Lomond and Inverary Castle. Any guidance?

Thank you!

We did the 8 hour tour to Loch Lomond and Inverary Castle and loved it. If you are a Downton fan, Inverary was featured in (I believe second season) when the family went to Scotland for a hunting trip. Even if you aren't a Downton fan, the tour is excellent and we loved seeing all of the beautiful countryside.

Cole

We did the 8 hour tour to Loch Lomond and Inverary Castle and loved it. If you are a Downton fan, Inverary was featured in (I believe second season) when the family went to Scotland for a hunting trip. Even if you aren't a Downton fan, the tour is excellent and we loved seeing all of the beautiful countryside.

Cole

Thank you, Cole, for coming back to reply. Good to know it wasn't a waste of time . Did the bus go on a ferry boat on the way back?

Thank you, Cole, for coming back to reply. Good to know it wasn't a waste of time . Did the bus go on a ferry boat on the way back?

No, we did not go on a ferry boat on the return trip. I don't know if I mentioned this before (have not gone back and read all responses), but our driver knew he had a couple of golfers in the van and asked if we would like to see the golf course where the 2013 Scotland Open was played and was kind enough to take us there. The entire trip was above our expectations!

Cole