Warning about weight req for Helmet Dive

smileyone

I booked the helmet dive thru Carnival online a few months before our cruise. It has a minimum weight of 80 lbs. Both kids were weighed before I booked. I weighed our daughter and she weighed 89. The boy traveling with us was weighed by his mother and she confirmed he weighed over 80 although I don't remember the exact weight she told me. He said it was 83. When we showed up for our excursion, the kids were weighed on the dock. Coral World's scales showed our daughter weighed 81 and the other child weighed 70. I told her that her scale was wrong. She said talk to Carnival rep on dock. Carnival rep said no refund because the weight requirements are listed online. I explained that we knew the weight requirements and verified that the children met those requirements before booking. She said we were out of luck. I went back on the ship and talked to shore excursions desk and they switched us to one of the only two excursions that hadn't left yet. So just a warning, you should probably add 10 pounds to the minimum weight requirement to be safe.