Thermal Suite and Spa questions - Star

sprinkles

Hi all,

Sorry, need a quick answer and can't find it in search. How much does the thermal suite packages cost for an 11 day cruise on the Star? PP and couple?

Also can anyone confirm that there is only two formal nights on the 11 day Alaska?

Trying to get some answers for parents leaving tomorrow and I haven't been on the Star for awhile. How is the spa and the thermal suite on the Star?

Thanks,

Tammy

Hi all,

Sorry, need a quick answer and can't find it in search. How much does the thermal suite packages cost for an 11 day cruise on the Star? PP and couple?

Also can anyone confirm that there is only two formal nights on the 11 day Alaska?

Trying to get some answers for parents leaving tomorrow and I haven't been on the Star for awhile. How is the spa and the thermal suite on the Star?

Thanks,

Tammy

Can't help you with the Thermal Suite question, but yes, there are only two formal nights on this cruise.

A VIP pass (unlimited use) depends on length of cruise, number of sea days on the itinerary etc. You will also get a discount (and a free tour) if you go straight there on embarkation day as well as a free body scrub to use in the steam rooms. As a guide, my last cruise on Diamond was $149 (we got $129 for embarkation day discount) for a 9 day cruise). I think my previous cruise on Crown cost us about $189pp for 14nights.

My TA posted me a brochure of the new lotus spa from her latest BVE while in port. On that brochure is has VIP passes for upcoming cruises as being

Single unlimited pass (19days) - $249ea

Couple's full cruise pass (19 days) - 229ea

next 7 day itinerary - $129pp

next 12 day itinerary - $159pp

As you can see it is very itinerary specific re: pricing.

How is the spa and the thermal suite on the Star?

They are all great. The Star type design will be on the same level as the Lotus spa (you report to Lotus spa front desk, hand in your cruise card and they give you a bath robe - you collect your cruise card back on way out). There will be 5 ceramic beds, a light sauna (the free sauna in the change rooms will be much hotter), an aromatherapy type steam room, and a very hot and fancy type Turkish type steam room. There are also 2 types of showers - rain forest or fog spray. It's a unisex area, as opposed to the free sauna and steam rooms in the male/female change rooms (but they always smell a bit funny to me).

Edited by Lanwood

Thanks RickE and Lanwood,

I know all too well, how it depends on so many things (I've done it MANY times myself). Parents were grilling me on the "exact price" for the Star 11 days Alaska, I was just hoping that a recent Star Cruiser might post. I'm going to re-iterate what I told them, go to the spa on the first day and check it out - lol. Thanks :)

Happy Sailing Everybody,

Tammy