Finally Booked! First Timer...still have a few questions!!

So after MONTHS of researching, I have finally booked my FIRST cruise to the western caribbean on the Freedom of the Seas leaving july 5th 2015! I decided to look an oceanview room with a window towards the front of the ship! However, now I have some very random questions...

1) I have heard that after you book, if the price for the cruise goes down, that will reflect on what you have left to pay. However, I have paid for the cruise in full. Would I get a credit if the price of the cruise goes down, or is that just the risk I am taking by paying in full? Just wondering!

NO...once you pay in full, there is no reduction in price.

2) I have a good amount of questions on the process of boarding the ship. Is there somewhere that will tell us more information when the cruise gets closer? Not sure of your specific questions on Boarding. You go to the cruise ship port and terminal and the signs are clearly marked. Have your meds and your passport/BC on hand to clear the boarding process, plus the SeaPass paperwork that you can complete on-line about 30 days before sailing. If you want to take a swim before the cabins are ready, take along a swimsuit and cover up in your carry on.

3) Still for boarding: How soon can you get on the ship? I have read many different places that it is best to get on asap but how will I know when that is? Is it like an airport when you need to be there 2 hours later? So, if I want to be in the ship by 2 pm, should I be there by noon? You can actually board earlier than noon. We always try to get there by 11:30. It's usually pretty fast.

4) As for towels needed during excursions, will this be provided by the cruise ship, or do I need to bring my own for those days? The cruise I am going on has ports 4 days in a row, and since me and my family have never really been on vacation we are planning to leave the ship as early as possible and return as late as possible. Just wondering the towel issue! You check out towels on the pool deck from the towel attendant. You return them when you get back from the excursion or trade them for clean, fresh dry ones.

5) I was also wondering what advice anybody has for what to carry everything in during the excursions. And where do you put your bag/purse/whatever you bring while doing water activities/any activities? We use a water wallet for water activities. You can purchase them at a sporting goods store or on board in the gift shop. Keeps money, SeaPass and credit cards dry. You don't need much else.

That's all the questions I have for now!! Cruising is exciting but oh so confusing. Thanks much!!!!

Enjoy your cruise.

To be honest, all the times confuse the heck out of me!! I guess I will just figure all that out when I am on the ship!

I don't think I want a water wallet becausr where would I even put that when I have just a swimsuit on? Not into wearing cargo shorts to put a wallet in while swimming lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/9086/10h/origin-d4.scene7.com/is/image/GanderMountainOvertons/70410_L1?$product$

It is not a "wallet" goes around your neck. Lots of people wear similar ones. The ship had hard oval ones. They also float if you drop them. The only downside is it sometime floats into your neck or face, I just flip it around so it will float over my back. I'm challenged the link didn't work, it is at overtons.com search water wallet $7.99

Just pay attention to times, they give talks before every port about the port, they will tell you.

Edited by Badgertr