Grand Cayman Excursions!! Need Input

momosbee

I have read the reviews about some Grand Cayman excursions. Wow! How can people see things so differently. Its confusing. Going on the Dream June 8. Couple with 11 and 13 year olds. Any suggestions? Kids love beach activities, snorkeling, etc.

Hey Momosbee,

Just wanted to let you know that they'll move this thread to the ports of call section.

Go to the home page, scroll down and you'll see an area titled: Ports of Call. Click on the Caribbean section and you'll see Grand Cayman in that list. They'll be tons of info there that is specific to Grand Cayman and lots of different excursion info. Good luck! :)

Edited by Kristi Williamson

Definitely stingray city, book with a private company, there are a few good ones listed on the port threads. We did this several years ago when our son was 9 and he still talks about it. We are going again in July. We we're suppose to go last year but the port was closed due to weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were there last month and saw several people here snorkeling etc.

http://paradiserestaurant.ky/watersports/

They all raved about it. It is a short walk from the cruise port and for $15.00 pp you can rent snorkel gear and a locker. They also have food and drinks. I regret not snorkeling there, the water is so beautiful. I guarantee you on my next cruise I will not be so self conscious about my 57 year old body and I will do some snorkeling. The water in Grand Cayman is amazing.

I am not surprised you have read mixed reviews. Everyone likes something different. Grand Cayman is one of those ports that seems to have people who love and people who hate the attractions. Me, I hated the turtle farm. No, I hated, hated, hated it. All I could think about as I viewed the live turtles is that they were going to end up in the gift shop. Yuck! But, I loved the Atlantis Submarine. So much fun. My mom and I got to see so much under the sea life! Also, think with young ones they might like Sting Ray City. Unless they are on the timid side. The stingrays are a bit aggressive.