Receiving discount from quarantine

They dont have to offer you a thing, You could just as easily get a tummy ache at school or work. It is life and a cruise ship is much cleaner than work or school i can tell you. The sheer arrogance of demanding feebies because of an illness is mind boggling.

I hope, that by offering a future cruise credit, they are convincing people with Noro to report to Medical. Unfortunately, if there is no incentive, people are less likely to do the right thing and stay in their cabins until they are well. I do agree with you that we Americans tend to be a litigious bunch. (I believe we have more lawyers per capita than most -- dare I say all -- other countries.)

Vive la différence.

Edited by travelgoddess1

I hope, that by offering a future cruise credit, they are convincing people with Noro to report to Medical. Unfortunately, if there is no incentive, people are less likely to do the right thing and stay in their cabins until they are well. I do agree with you that we Americans tend to be a litigious bunch. (I believe we have more lawyers per capita than most -- dare I say all -- other countries.)

Vive la différence.

Fair point in reporting it. Suppose one went on holiday by plane and got sick day 3 in San Juan? no one is going to reimburse you that is just life. (outside maybe insurance)

Emperor9. I know that I can't change your point of view but I hope you can understand that I was the sickest GI-wise I have ever been so not just a "tummy ache". Our cruise week on the Oasis was really impacted by this illness. Royal offered the FCC. I didn't "demand" a freebie. It was an impersonal form letter they give everybody that gets their sick selves isolated by medical. Nobody asks for it...it gets slipped under your door by somebody holding hazmat tongs or something.

By comparison if I were traveling on a land vacation I would have come home early and used my always purchased travel insurance that fully covers trip interruption. (Travel career taught me that!)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not impressed with how the cruise credit is being handled. We cruised on May 2nd. And it's well over a month later, and they still haven't applied our credit. This morning, I called the Diamond Plus line and asked about the future cruise credit and Josh told me he couldn't tell me if I had any credit because it was registered with a travel agent. Why the stonewalling? I'm paying for the cruise, not the travel agent!

I'm not impressed with how the cruise credit is being handled. We cruised on May 2nd. And it's well over a month later, and they still haven't applied our credit. This morning, I called the Diamond Plus line and asked about the future cruise credit and Josh told me he couldn't tell me if I had any credit because it was registered with a travel agent. Why the stonewalling? I'm paying for the cruise, not the travel agent!

If you booked this cruise through a TA, then Royal Caribbean can only deal with your TA. I'm sorry you feel you are being stonewalled, I know you went through a bad experience, but it has always been that policy. Call your TA. :)

Good luck, I hope you can resolve this soon.

If you booked this cruise through a TA, then Royal Caribbean can only deal with your TA. I'm sorry you feel you are being stonewalled, I know you went through a bad experience, but it has always been that policy. Call your TA. :)

Good luck, I hope you can resolve this soon.

In a similar situation when Royal issued me a credit certificate for a cruise I had booked through a TA I simply called Royal and said I wished to have the certificate so I could book directly or choose a different TA. They re-directed the certificate to me directly without any problem.

In a similar situation when Royal issued me a credit certificate for a cruise I had booked through a TA I simply called Royal and said I wished to have the certificate so I could book directly or choose a different TA. They re-directed the certificate to me directly without any problem.

That's good news! I think this poster had a cruise already booked through a TA, and she was applying the FCC towards that cruise, but perhaps I misread her post.