Helpful Hints please

Maybelline

Re-joining the Caribbean Princess for the 3rd time (Oct.18 sail date)and heard some unsettling news of poor service as well as the quality of the ship has diminished since our previous sailing...please confirm. Family and close friends who have never sailed with Princess are joining us and we've always held the CP on a very high standard of cruising.

Also, our children are joining us (between 30-35)for their first cruise and since we are 50 plus we never paid attention to younger cruisers and whether they too were enjoying the ship as much as us.....any tips or hints to making their trip enjoyable (3 singles)...

Our destination is Western Caribbean, Cozumel and Grand Caymans we've never been to either and would appreciate any suggestions on what is worth seeing or doing...

Any feedback is most appreciated....

Happy Cruising..

I have been cruising Princess since my 30's and I'm now 48! I have a great time each time I sail! There's always something for everyone! In my opinion, the cruise is what you make of it! No fear, your kids will have a great time! :D

Haven't heard anything about poor service. Remember, that's subjective and depends on the person's personal experience. You can have two people on the same ship at the same time and have very different experiences. Plus, some people have very high expectations. I've seen people treat waitstaff and bar staff like their personal servants and expect them to jump to attention when called.

FYI, the "CP" is the Sea Princess. The Caribbean Princess is "CB." These are the Princess 2-letter abbreviations for the ships.

Re-joining the Caribbean Princess for the 3rd time (Oct.18 sail date)and heard some unsettling news of poor service as well as the quality of the ship has diminished since our previous sailing...please confirm. Family and close friends who have never sailed with Princess are joining us and we've always held the CP on a very high standard of cruising.

Also, our children are joining us (between 30-35)for their first cruise and since we are 50 plus we never paid attention to younger cruisers and whether they too were enjoying the ship as much as us.....any tips or hints to making their trip enjoyable (3 singles)...

Our destination is Western Caribbean, Cozumel and Grand Caymans we've never been to either and would appreciate any suggestions on what is worth seeing or doing...

Happy Cruising..

There are always going to be some bad reviews on a ship and service. I typically take it with a grain of salt. I don't think I've ever cruised and can classify a cruise as having had bad service. I have had a few crew/staff members on sailings I would classify as providing bad service but have not had a cruise where I could say classify the whole cruise as having bad service.

I've cruised Princess several times with 3 of my nieces. They all love Princess. It's hard to suggest what would make it enjoyable for your thirty somethings as I don't know what they enjoy. My nieces definitely enjoy going up to Sky Walkers in the evening and meeting people, dancing the night away, etc. But they also love the different activities on board such as line dancing, themed parties, etc.

Check out the Ports of Call forums for information on Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I've had fun in both. Grand Cayman is definitely a water sports kind of port if you all like that. Snorkeling, stingrays, submarines, etc. But, it is also fun to hang around the port area and eat and drink.:D:D:D. I love Cozumel. I've done the Tulum Ruins on one trip and on the other wandered around town eating great Mexican food, shopping, visiting a local church, etc.

My suggestion is to forget about the reviews you have read and go have a wonderful time.

Happy Cruising..

First of all welcome to the forum. Second of all, if you board the CP you may end up in the wrong place, since that is the Sea Princess :) The Caribbean Princess is the CB.

That said, please realize that reviews and comments like that are very subjective and really depend on people's expectations. What some people consider "poor service" could be very trivial to you and something you wouldn't even pay attention to. Some folks just seem hell bent on having a bad time and need something to complain about.

If you remember this isn't Seaborne and set out with the idea of having a good time, treat the staff with respect, and don't sweat the small stuff, I'm sure you will have a great time. :)

Enjoy your cruise!